Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI H61M-P25-B3
CPU
Intel i7 3770
Graphics
Geforce 710 1Gb RAM
Hi all,

I'm trying a few options with getting my Hackintosh up and running but getting unstuck at the install stage. I've had a search but it seems to be a different solution for each persons problem.

USB made using Unibeat 8.1 (latest) with a Macbook Pro mid 2012 on the latest version of High Sierra (fully patched). I'm using the built in graphics (Intel HD4000) and a Samsung 850 EVO SSD.

The picture shows where it gets to if I boot with verbose logging. It just hangs there and I can't move it on.

BIOS - Serial and Parallel disabled, AHCI Mode enabled, Integrated graphics enabled (256M, 128MB DVMT Memory & IGD Multi-Monitor Enabled), USB (Controller Enabled, Legacy USB Support Enabled) VT-D Disabled.

I've attached my CLOVER folder as well.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Attachments

• Tosh.jpg
    Tosh.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 75
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 48
Hi all,

I'm trying a few options with getting my Hackintosh up and running but getting unstuck at the install stage. I've had a search but it seems to be a different solution for each persons problem.

USB made using Unibeat 8.1 (latest) with a Macbook Pro mid 2012 on the latest version of High Sierra (fully patched). I'm using the built in graphics (Intel HD4000) and a Samsung 850 EVO SSD.

The picture shows where it gets to if I boot with verbose logging. It just hangs there and I can't move it on.

BIOS - Serial and Parallel disabled, AHCI Mode enabled, Integrated graphics enabled (256M, 128MB DVMT Memory & IGD Multi-Monitor Enabled), USB (Controller Enabled, Legacy USB Support Enabled) VT-D Disabled.

I've attached my CLOVER folder as well.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
  • Your Verbose Boot screen is showing a problem with Graphics card. [See image]
  • I doubt your Intel HD 4000 is supported by macOS High Sierra ( I don't think even in HS, or El Capitan)
  • I don't know of anyway to modify CLOVER contents to make Intel HD 4000 to work (Surprisingly Intel HD 3000/4600 and perhaps 4400 would with tweaking CLOVER. and S/L/E in HDD) ( your CLOVER reflects your efforts to see if anything would work !)
  • Your best option is to go for a supported Graphics add-on PCIE card in Radeon or Nvidia types.
  • In my GA-H61 -HD2 I am using Radeon 5450 and can run HS 10.13.3

Attachments

• Graphics Failure.png
    Graphics Failure.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • Your Verbose Boot screen is showing a problem with Graphics card. [See image]
  • I doubt your Intel HD 4000 is supported by macOS High Sierra ( I don't think even in HS, or El Capitan)
  • I don't know of anyway to modify CLOVER contents to make Intel HD 4000 to work (Surprisingly Intel HD 3000/4600 and perhaps 4400 would with tweaking CLOVER. and S/L/E in HDD) ( your CLOVER reflects your efforts to see if anything would work !)
  • Your best option is to go for a supported Graphics add-on PCIE card in Radeon or Nvidia types.
  • In my GA-H61 -HD2 I am using Radeon 5450 and can run HS 10.13.3

Thank you, I had wondered why I hadn't seen many articles about it. I'm not against using a different motherboard, Gigabyte seems to be highly praised here and I was thinking of maybe getting a Gigabyte Z77M-D3H possibly?

I'd rather not use the single PCI Express for graphics as I don't need the upgraded graphics and space in my case is tight, that being said a cheap low profile one that passively cools might be ok. Ideally though I'd like a board that I can use the onboard graphics with.

Cheers,

Thank you, I had wondered why I hadn't seen many articles about it. I'm not against using a different motherboard, Gigabyte seems to be highly praised here and I was thinking of maybe getting a Gigabyte Z77M-D3H possibly?

I'd rather not use the single PCI Express for graphics as I don't need the upgraded graphics and space in my case is tight, that being said a cheap low profile one that passively cools might be ok. Ideally though I'd like a board that I can use the onboard graphics with.

Cheers,
I have made some changes to your config.plist hoping it might help to use your on-board Intel HD 4000.
Just unzip, extract and replace the config.plist from your current CLOVER and boot with that USB installer in verbose and let us know how the boot goes.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 48
Hi cmn699,

Just tried it, still not booting but a load of different errors, please see attached screen shots.

I've just looked at the card you are using, it seems I can get a low profile, fanless version which might fit. I'm going to be using it mainly to make music and this is more CPU intensive than anything else, will the 5450 cut it and is it fairly easy to get working? I can get them for under £20 in the UK so wouldn't be a problem to buy one to try.

Cheers

Attachments

• Tosh1.jpg
    Tosh1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 42
  • Tosh2.jpg
    Tosh2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • Tosh3.jpg
    Tosh3.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 50
Hi cmn699,

Just tried it, still not booting but a load of different errors, please see attached screen shots.

I've just looked at the card you are using, it seems I can get a low profile, fanless version which might fit. I'm going to be using it mainly to make music and this is more CPU intensive than anything else, will the 5450 cut it and is it fairly easy to get working? I can get them for under £20 in the UK so wouldn't be a problem to buy one to try.

Cheers
Sorry the same Intel HD Graphics 4000 rebellion continues even with a ig-platform-id given to please it!

I have most of my systems (different MoBOs most GA but I have an Intel one too , all using this AMD Radeon 5450 my "universal Graphics for Multiboot systems with latest Windows 10 X64 Pro|Ubuntu|MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3.

For macOS in config.plist edit >
  • Devices >Fake ID > ATI =0x68E01002
  • Graphics > FB Name (Frame Buffer name)=Eulemur [√]Inject ATI

Attachments

• 2.Radeon 5450-2GB.png
    2.Radeon 5450-2GB.png
    100 KB · Views: 48
  • 1.Radeon 5450.png
    1.Radeon 5450.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 67
Sorry the same Intel HD Graphics 4000 rebellion continues even with a ig-platform-id given to please it!

I have most of my systems (different MoBOs most GA but I have an Intel one too , all using this AMD Radeon 5450 my "universal Graphics for Multiboot systems with latest Windows 10 X64 Pro|Ubuntu|MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3.

For macOS in config.plist edit >
  • Devices >Fake ID > ATI =0x68E01002
  • Graphics > FB Name (Frame Buffer name)=Eulemur [√]Inject ATI

Yes I think I'll give up with the on board, seems like a fruitless mission.

With the Radeon, does it matter which manufacturer I go for? Or whether I have a 1Gb or 2Gb card?

Thank you for all your help,

Yes I think I'll give up with the on board, seems like a fruitless mission.

With the Radeon, does it matter which manufacturer I go for? Or whether I have a 1Gb or 2Gb card?

Thank you for all your help,
I have been using exclusively
VisionTek Radeon 5450 2GB DDR3 (DVI-I, HDMI, VGA) Graphics Card - 900861.
Never tried 1GB to compare.
I have avoided XFX brand after a card had to be sent RMA for failure to Display and immediate shut downs and had to reset BIOS many times to clean up the mess from that; once bitten twice shy reaction on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back