Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-2670QM
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have hp pavillion dv6-6b19ej laptop that runs Xubuntu 18.04 on it (Ubuntu with XCFE instead of gnome)
and I wanted to install macOS High Sierra on it, I followed the following guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
step by step
partitioned to 2 parts MBR efi and install osx
used clover and checked the following:
Clover for UEFI booting only
Install Clover in the ESP
Themes -> Black Green Moody
UEFI Drivers-> AofsDriverLoader AppleImageLoader AptioMemoryFix DataHubDxe FSInject SMCHelper
FIleVault 2 UEFI Drivers -> AppleUISupport AptioInputFix

copied the HFSPlus.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

after that I downloaded the following kexts:
FakeSMC GenericUSBXHCI Lilu RealtekRTL8111 SATA-unsupported USBInjectAll VoodooPS2Controller WhateverGreen

then I deleted the config.plist from the EFI/CLOVER folder and replaced it with: "config_HD3000_1600x900.plist" and changed it name to "config.plist"
and installed the installer on the usb with the terminal commands

then I change the bios settings on the laptop. the laptop don't have many setting so I did change the following:
Virtualization Technology to disabled
Switchable Graphics Mode to disabled

but when I plug the USB Drive and choose boot from USB I get a black screen that last for around 10-15 seconds then boot the ubuntu regulary
on my second laptop dell latitude e6440 the installer get loaded but I get the circle with the diagonal line mid install and can't install on it, also it's my workplace laptop so I don't want to risk it and prefer the hp laptop for the installation
what I can do to fix the problem?

Last edited:
The circle with the dash through it means your USB ports are getting disabled. Usually you will need usbinjectall.kext (Google it and download it, add it to your Efi/Clover/kexts/other folder). And also maybe try a USB 2.0 port if you have one, they usually load first. Also you may need the high Sierra USB port limit patch, look that up and add it to your Clover config.plist.

Also add -v to your boot arguments, this will boot in verbose mode and you will be able to see the boot process in text mode. Get used to using that for awhile to help troubleshooting issues. It also helps so you can take a picture of where it gets stuck and others can help you.

The circle with the dash through it means your USB ports are getting disabled. Usually you will need usbinjectall.kext (Google it and download it, add it to your Efi/Clover/kexts/other folder). And also maybe try a USB 2.0 port if you have one, they usually load first. Also you may need the high Sierra USB port limit patch, look that up and add it to your Clover config.plist.

Also add -v to your boot arguments, this will boot in verbose mode and you will be able to see the boot process in text mode. Get used to using that for awhile to help troubleshooting issues. It also helps so you can take a picture of where it gets stuck and others can help you.

I already have USB Inject all in my kexts, I mentioned in the post.

Also, I can't verbose mode cause clover doesn't even load up on the laptop I want to install Mac on. I only mentioned the other laptop as an example that the same USB loads on a different machine.

I already have USB Inject all in my kexts, I mentioned in the post.

Also, I can't verbose mode cause clover doesn't even load up on the laptop I want to install Mac on. I only mentioned the other laptop as an example that the same USB loads on a different machine.
Oh okay interesting, I missread your first post. Can your laptop boot from UEFI? Or is it only old MBR/CSM?? In your Bios there is usually an option to be able to enable to disable both, unless the laptop is old and it may not have it. I would look for UEFI booting. And remake your boot USB using GUID partition Style, not MBR. If you partition the drive in GUID it will automatically make a hidden EFI folder where you can put clover into it. You will need EFImounter or Clover configurtor to mount the EFI. Or you can mount it in linux. Then put your entire EFI folder in the EFI partition.

It's possible your laptop is UEFI and because you made the drive MBR it's not reading it right.

In that rehabman guide you followed, I am pretty sure he has UEFI instructions too :)

Oh okay interesting, I missread your first post. Can your laptop boot from UEFI? Or is it only old MBR/CSM?? In your Bios there is usually an option to be able to enable to disable both, unless the laptop is old and it may not have it. I would look for UEFI booting. And remake your boot USB using GUID partition Style, not MBR. If you partition the drive in GUID it will automatically make a hidden EFI folder where you can put clover into it. You will need EFImounter or Clover configurtor to mount the EFI. Or you can mount it in linux. Then put your entire EFI folder in the EFI partition.

It's possible your laptop is UEFI and because you made the drive MBR it's not reading it right.

In that rehabman guide you followed, I am pretty sure he has UEFI instructions too :)

I don't have an option in the bios to choose between UEFI amd Legacy.

my laptop is from 2012 if I remember correctly.

I remember I checked my hard disk type in the Linux terminal and it said "ms-dos" which is MBR. I'll try with the guid partition style thanks.

I don't have an option in the bios to choose between UEFI amd Legacy.

my laptop is from 2012 if I remember correctly.

I remember I checked my hard disk type in the Linux terminal and it said "ms-dos" which is MBR. I'll try with the guid partition style thanks.
Actually EFI partition are in the md-dos format even under UEFI (GUID style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back