1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a HP pavilion DV6t-7000
Intel Core i5-3210M
8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel intergrated graphics
750GB Hard drive.

The hard drive is configured as RAID (and i cant change that in BIOS)
I have created a Mountain Lion install USB and using the cpus=1 boot flag im able to get to the installer.
I created a 200GB partition in windows (NTFS Format). The hard drive is configured as MBR.
When the installer gets to the install destination select my hard drive does not show up?
I read that the partition needs to be formatted to HFS+ but cant find a way to do that in windows.
Basically i need to find a way to make my hard drive show up in the osx installer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Let me know if you need me to give any more details.

Oops, just realised this should be in laptop support. sorry guys (mods feel free to move it)

You need to set SATA mode to AHCI and the HDD must be formatted Mac OS extended journaled. Installer will never see your HDD the way you have it.

Thanks for replying. However i read that RAID is the same as AHCI but allows for RAID arrays. Also my bios has been locked down by HP so i do not have access to this option. And disk Utility should be able to read NTFS file system to allow me to format it to mac osx journaled should it not?

I have the same problem. Have you figured it out, how to do it?

Thanks for replying. However i read that RAID is the same as AHCI but allows for RAID arrays. Also my bios has been locked down by HP so i do not have access to this option. And disk Utility should be able to read NTFS file system to allow me to format it to mac osx journaled should it not?

Hi guys!
The problem is with hp which offers exactly sh..t against the money we pay for the devices made by them..
There is a solution to your problem though, there is a kext called AppleAHCIPort.kext. But there's a problem here too, it only works with ML 10.8.2, anything else just doesn't work.
Google it, install it to your unibeast or whatever with kext wizard (in system/library/extensions) and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back