1. MacBook Air
Hey guys,

it seems like im too dumb to install Hackintosh to my computer. :(

First my HW:
CPU: i7-3960x
Mainboard: Gigabyte X79-UD3 (rev 1.0)
Graphic: GeForce GTX 980 Ti Arctic Storm Edition, 6144 MB GDDR5
HD: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo
RAM: 4x4 GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator (CMD16GX3M4A2400C9)

UEFI Settings should be fine. I disabled USB 3.0 also because the installer running into a loop when its enabled.

Boot parameters I am using:
-v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 (tested npci=0x2000 too)
IMG_1957.JPG IMG_1958.JPG

When im trying to use -x (Safe Mode I think?) my Computer running into Kernel Cache issue:
IMG_1960.JPG
Edit:
Forgot it... same issue appears when I'm disabling the caching mode.

I hope you guys have any idea. :)

Thank you very much

you may also want to add "cpus=1" to your boot flags during install and 1st boot into your installed OS until you install Voodoo Tsync kext

it seems like im too dumb to install Hackintosh to my computer

And to follow the rules . . . .
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

One of your images shows "Still waiting for root device" which when installing means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is often caused by using a USB3 flash drive or a USB3 port.
Use a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port then try another and repeat until you have tried them all.
If this still fails then check your BIOS settings.
If it still fails then try another flash drive.

you may also want to add "cpus=1" to your boot flags during install and 1st boot into your installed OS until you install Voodoo Tsync kext

Nothing changed. Still same issue. But thank you very much.

---
One of your images shows "Still waiting for root device" which when installing means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is often caused by using a USB3 flash drive or a USB3 port.
Use a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port then try another and repeat until you have tried them all.
If this still fails then check your BIOS settings.
If it still fails then try another flash drive.
Its a USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Intenso).
I tried all my USB 2.0 Ports. My 3.0 Ports are disabled anyway, they arent working.
But youre right, the USB flash drive wont glow up anymore when I boot the OS X installation with Clover.

I tied some other BIOS settings and compared them with settings from other posts too.

Going to buy a new flash drive tomorrow and test it again.

Thanks for your help and time P1LGRIM!

EDIT:
Same issue with other stick. :(

Last edited:
I found the problem, but I dont know hot to fix this.
My USB Ports aren't working after hibernating.

I've created a partition on a SSD and plugged it into SATA Port.
All worked fine but I could not select any language because my USB ports dont have any function. :/

I found the problem, but I dont know hot to fix this.
My USB Ports aren't working after hibernating.

I've created a partition on a SSD and plugged it into SATA Port.
All worked fine but I could not select any language because my USB ports dont have any function. :/

I have a GA-X79-UP4 + Intel i7-3820 CPU + Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 System that had similar issues during Sierra installation using a USB 2.0 Flash drive created with Unibeast 7 according to the Guide from Tonymac. After Sierra installation I still had frequent unexpected crashes whenever I left the system idle for 60-90 minutes.

After struggling for a day with the USB installer, I did the following things, as I recall, to succeed in installation.

• Updated the BIOS to the latest F-4
  • Did the following on the BIOS setup of USB ports:
    • Legacy USB Support : Enabled
    • USB 3.0 Support : DISABLED
    • XHCI Hand -off > Enabled
    • HCI Hand-off >Enabled
    • On-Board USB 3.0 Controller : DISABLED
    • On-Board USB 3.0 Controller #2 DISABLED [ this is an add- on PCIE USB -3.0 card which I had to finally remove from the PCIE slot during the Installation phase of the Hackintosh Sierra]
  • Disconnected the currently unused USB 2 front connectors
  • Disconnected my Windows 10 and Ubuntu SATA HDs , [ I have a Multi-disk-Multi -boot System with Clover as the boot-loader]
I hope some of the above steps may help you for the initial part of this frustrating endeavor. After the installation I could enable and use the USB 3.0 after a few more steps. Be prepared to do a few other things later to stabilize the system!

Good luck.

I have a GA-X79-UP4 + Intel i7-3820 CPU + Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 System that had similar issues during Sierra installation using a USB 2.0 Flash drive created with Unibeast 7 according to the Guide from Tonymac. After Sierra installation I still had frequent unexpected crashes whenever I left the system idle for 60-90 minutes.

After struggling for a day with the USB installer, I did the following things, as I recall, to succeed in installation.

• Updated the BIOS to the latest F-4
  • Did the following on the BIOS setup of USB ports:
    • Legacy USB Support : Enabled
    • USB 3.0 Support : DISABLED
    • XHCI Hand -off > Enabled
    • HCI Hand-off >Enabled
    • On-Board USB 3.0 Controller : DISABLED
    • On-Board USB 3.0 Controller #2 DISABLED [ this is an add- on PCIE USB -3.0 card which I had to finally remove from the PCIE slot during the Installation phase of the Hackintosh Sierra]
  • Disconnected the currently unused USB 2 front connectors
  • Disconnected my Windows 10 and Ubuntu SATA HDs , [ I have a Multi-disk-Multi -boot System with Clover as the boot-loader]
I hope some of the above steps may help you for the initial part of this frustrating endeavor. After the installation I could enable and use the USB 3.0 after a few more steps. Be prepared to do a few other things later to stabilize the system!

Good luck.

Thanks for your response!

I've updated last year to newest Mobo FW. It's still the newest.
BIOS settings are eq to yours.

I will unplug the USB 2 front connectors and try it again... and I dont have any other HDs or SSDs plugged. :)

I have a UP4/3820/GTX 760 fully woking on ElCap & Sierra
I attached my EFI Folder on another post, perhaps it will work for you!

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Your EFI and KEXT files worked for me! Thank you dude :)

I had to change the System Definitions to iMac 14,2 to make my 980ti work.

My HDMI-out just not working... but all other stuff is fine! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back