Installed Yosemite but nothing happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H87-D3H
CPU
Graphics
Radeon HD6750
Hello, I ran the Install OS X Yosemite.app downloaded from App Store and it went throught it in about 30 seconds. After that I installed the new chimera etc. with Multibeast 7.0. After a restart nothing happened, everything (10.8.5) is working like it did before updating anything. Any tips? :S

Hello, I ran the Install OS X Yosemite.app downloaded from App Store and it went throught it in about 30 seconds. After that I installed the new chimera etc. with Multibeast 7.0. After a restart nothing happened, everything (10.8.5) is working like it did before updating anything. Any tips? :S
you must create a bootable usb installer running the app from the currently installed OS X will not work on a hackintosh

Same for me, Download via Appstore install tells me it will reboot in 30 sek and after reboot it's all the same BUT in my case all my Multibeast installations were gone! So no more GPU support, no audio, network and so on. :banghead:

Now i try to reinstall complete...

same issue for me. It seems that unibeast 5 needs to be revamped to work correctly with final Yosemite.

I literally saw this thread and decided to test and results are in there is nothing wrong with the tools on this site unibeast and multibeast are working perfectly you must remember to use any boot flags originally needed for your older versions of mac os x

The problem that people in this thread are running into are that they are incorrectly running the Install OS X Yosemite app directly. This will not work- it boots right back to Mavericks.

For hackintosh, you must create the UniBeast USB. If you are updating from Mavericks, don't erase the drive- just boot from USB, choose your Mavericks installation for Yosemite, and install. OS X will update your Mavericks install to Yosemite.

Make sure you re-run MultiBeast using the latest version to get Yosemite fixes after updating.

I literally saw this thread and decided to test and results are in there is nothing wrong with the tools on this site unibeast and multibeast are working perfectly you must remember to use any boot flags originally needed for your older versions of mac os x

And to setup bios correctly. disable Vt-d and Intel Virtualization Technology, and enable AHCI. I forgot to disable Intel Virtualization Technology and my install would just freeze halfway through. Felt pretty dumb once I figured it out. I thought maybe it was just an issue with unibeast, since its a new version, but after looking closer at my bios I realized the issue. Now pretty much everything is working great, including my GTX 970 :D

And to setup bios correctly. disable Vt-d and Intel Virtualization Technology, and enable AHCI. I forgot to disable Intel Virtualization Technology and my install would just freeze halfway through. Felt pretty dumb once I figured it out. I thought maybe it was just an issue with unibeast, since its a new version, but after looking closer at my bios I realized the issue. Now pretty much everything is working great, including my GTX 970 :D
That is awesome that the new Maxwell card is working been wondering about that

Installed Yosemite but nothing happened (SOLVED)

Thank you alle for the replies. I now installed Yosemite via unibeast but am stuck after trying to load operating system via USB after the installer restarted my PC. When i boot in verbose it stops at: waitforsystemmapper: ... Kernel extensions in backtrace: com.apple.driver.AppleRtc...

It boots fine with -x

Help appreciated!

Edit: my mobo is ga-z68mx-ud2h-b3

Edit: It's working! I ran multibeast while in safe mode and enabled both AppleACPIPlatform Rollback and AppleRTC Patch (not sure which one did the trick :D) and it's booting without usb now and all's good. Thank you all for help!

Attachments

• IMG_20141017_170444.jpg
    IMG_20141017_170444.jpg
    723.6 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back