Contribute
Register

Installed, working mostly...couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? How could you assume that i was calling you an idiot with that comment?

If you would have attached the Verbose mode photo at the beginning and said this is the error im getting when i run multibeast, i would have helped you or any one would have have helped you. Without that information how can i suggest to do this or do that?

Guess what that issue is one of the common issue on Ivy bridge builds.

View attachment 37199

Anyways good luck.

Because asking a leading question as to why I did what I did is full of assumption in itself. The answer was in front of you: because I couldn't get it to boot any other way.

Now, all critiques of my attitudes or your aptitude in helping others aside, I'll ask you and others:

Is the fix (after running the userDSDT/non-DSDT multibeast) I implemented going to be stable? The part where I put UseKernelCache = No into boot.plist? is this going to serve as my normal operating setup?

... I'm wrong for asking politely for people to pipe down if they dont know 110% that their directions are going to work. Maybe if there was less of bad directions and more help along the way it wouldn't be such a nightmare sifting through 1000's of posts and not being able to trust information. The build I made is insanely common, yet there are at least a dozen different ways people are tackling setting it up.
First of all, no one called you an idiot or implied the same. As I pointed out in my first reply, no one suggested or did you find in any guide here, suggesting you copy the Unibeast Extra folder. The point is, if you can read you're genius! When you post for help here you will always get multiple suggestions, not guaranteed solutions. This is not Microsoft or Apple and it's clearly not paid tech support.

I'd suggest the following:

1. Insure you have the most current bios flashed.
2. Create a new Unibeast drive with 10.8.2.
3. Print the Unibeast instruction as a check list to follow step by step.
4. Find a like build in "User Builds" as a Multibeast Guide. Choose only the minimum settings to get the machine bootable. (Probably only requires DSDT-Free Installation and whatever video support you need.
5. Once you have a successful install, run Multibeast again and choose the correct audio and network choices.
6. If you have problems along the way, the User Build thread you used as a guide is the best place to start asking for help.
7. If you can't find your answers there then post back to ML General Support and surely a mod or others will try to help.

I know this sounds basic and like starting all over again, but it will insure that nothing you've thus far will impact your install.

Good luck with it...

First of all, no one called you an idiot or implied the same. As I pointed out in my first reply, no one suggested or did you find in any guide here, suggesting you copy the Unibeast Extra folder. The point is, if you can read you're genius! When you post for help here you will always get multiple suggestions, not guaranteed solutions. This is not Microsoft or Apple and it's clearly not paid tech support.

I'd suggest the following:

1. Insure you have the most current bios flashed.
2. Create a new Unibeast drive with 10.8.2.
3. Print the Unibeast instruction as a check list to follow step by step.
4. Find a like build in "User Builds" as a Multibeast Guide. Choose only the minimum settings to get the machine bootable. (Probably only requires DSDT-Free Installation and whatever video support you need.
5. Once you have a successful install, run Multibeast again and choose the correct audio and network choices.
6. If you have problems along the way, the User Build thread you used as a guide is the best place to start asking for help.
7. If you can't find your answers there then post back to ML General Support and surely a mod or others will try to help.

I know this sounds basic and like starting all over again, but it will insure that nothing you've thus far will impact your install.

Good luck with it...

Actually there are other people who have done exactly what I did, that is where I got the idea. Also, you basically just described step by step how I am where I am, including this post. Thanks for your help anyways.

Actually there are other people who have done exactly what I did.
Cool, that makes it the right thing to do... Hope they also didn't jump off a bridge.

Cool, that makes it the right thing to do... Hope they also didn't jump off a bridge.

Well when you can't find the correct information amongst a broad source - with people replying with the wrong things to do (IE: this thread), you may happen to try a thing or two that dont work. Like I said, don't fault me for trying things that worked when the very advice that was given to me on this thread did not work and no one said why until I started calling others out. If everyone is so helpful, then how come I'm having to improvise my own solutions even after exhaustive searching? Not trying to knock what you guys are doing, but like I said, please don't reply unless you are 110% sure what you are saying is going to work, when you do it only adds to the already rich source of misinformation. Also, please don't try and be sarcastic when you are probably the reason people react this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back