Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H on F14 (latest) BIOS
EVGA GTX 570
16GB 1600MHz Corsair RAM
i7-3770K (stock speed)
240GB SSD (sandisk)
2x 2TB Segate 64MB cache 7200RPM drives

So I finally got ML installed...after about 10 times trying different settings on MultiBeast. The settings/method that I got that finally worked were:

Install ML
DL/Run multibeast
choose userDSDT and choose ACL 898, hit install.
Go to flash drive, copy Extra folder over to MLHDD. Restart, brings up flash drive chooser, choose ML. Boots fine, even with no FD plugged in.

This was the ONLY way I can get it to work consistently. Everything works as far as I can tell. GPU is recognized, SSD is fast, all ram accounted for, HDDs recognized, identifying as MP 3,1, sound works, ethernet works, USB is showing up as 3.0...I don't know, it looks like it all works right now.

Geekbench score (32bit):
My issues seemed to be around chimera (I think), or something in the org.chamelon.boot.plist file...here is my current one:

<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Now, my question is, is this going to be the most solid way to run? is it bad that the Flash Drive chooser screen comes up to choose ML? Does that GB score look right for the setup? Is there anything I can add to change in the boot.plist that will help?

bump for an answer!

why did you copy unibeast Extra folder? Re-run the multibeast with userDSDT or DSDT free and 1080P boot screen under system info option checked the above .plist is for unibeast drive.

why did you copy unibeast Extra folder? Re-run the multibeast with userDSDT or DSDT free and 1080P boot screen under system info option checked the above .plist is for unibeast drive.

Because everytime I run multibeast with the userDSDT or DSDT free thing checked it gives me black screen after apple logo. This method is the first time it is running stable and boots up without the FD. My question was in regards to if this is a stable method of working?

Just did what you suggested. Now I'm at the infinite apple spinning wheel screen (again), please don't give advice if you don't know for sure if it is going to work. Also, why a 1080P bootscreen if I'm running a 1200 resolution?

Here is the screen I'm getting in verbose mode (after your suggestion):

IMG_20121104_133034.jpg

Failed to locate SMC driver, the same error a TON of people on this forum get when running the same setup, what is so important to change about the method I used?

**EDIT** it boots with kernel caches ignored...going to mess with it some more. Edited my boot.plist file to UseKernelCache = No, now it boots up every time no problem in about 5 seconds.

... please don't give advice if you don't know for sure if it is going to work. Also, why a 1080P bootscreen if I'm running a 1200 resolution?
Your attitude hardly deserves a reply, yet I'll jump in here once so you have someone else to bash... MiniITX has helped a lot of people here and certainly doesn't deserve your crap. If you follow any of the guides: Unibeast, Multibeast, or User builds, you see no instructions to copy the Unibeast Extra folder to your installation drive. There's a reason for this. Unibeast attempts (with great success) to be compatible with a large selection of hardware to insure getting OSX installed, nothing more. Proper selections in Multibeast determine a successful install.

Since you copied the UB Extra folder, you may be successfully booting to the HD, but only because items like NullCPUPowerManagement are permitting the machine to boot. Certainly power-management, speedstep, and sleep (and who knows what else) are NOT working. I could go on with this but what's the point.

There's hundreds of builds here with that board, use those as a guide to correct settings. In MB all that is needed to get that board bootable is "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free" and "Without DSDT - ALC898"... If that doesn't work, you have another problem.

If you need help with it, I suggest you check your attitude at the door and their will be plenty of people willing to assist.

Many thanks, kduvernay.

Your attitude hardly deserves a reply, yet I'll jump in here once so you have someone else to bash... MiniITX has helped a lot of people here and certainly doesn't deserve your crap. If you follow any of the guides: Unibeast, Multibeast, or User builds, you see no instructions to copy the Unibeast Extra folder to your installation drive. There's a reason for this. Unibeast attempts (with great success) to be compatible with a large selection of hardware to insure getting OSX installed, nothing more. Proper selections in Multibeast determine a successful install.

Since you copied the UB Extra folder, you may be successfully booting to the HD, but only because items like NullCPUPowerManagement are permitting the machine to boot. Certainly power-management, speedstep, and sleep (and who knows what else) are NOT working. I could go on with this but what's the point.

There's hundreds of builds here with that board, use those as a guide to correct settings. In MB all that is needed to get that board bootable is "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free" and "Without DSDT - ALC898"... If that doesn't work, you have another problem.

If you need help with it, I suggest you check your attitude at the door and their will be plenty of people willing to assist.

You provided way more information to me as to WHY it wouldn't work, which was the whole reason I asked in the first place.

I mean seriously, look at my original questions: "Now, my question is, is this going to be the most solid way to run? is it bad that the Flash Drive chooser screen comes up to choose ML? Does that GB score look right for the setup? Is there anything I can add to change in the boot.plist that will help?"

Answer from MiniITX: "why did you copy unibeast Extra folder? Re-run the multibeast with userDSDT or DSDT free and 1080P boot screen under system info option checked the above .plist is for unibeast drive."

Basically calling me an idiot for copying the unibeast drive Extra folder over. So I implemented what he said, and GUESS WHAT HAPPENED? The same exact thing that happened when I did that before. He didn't answer ANY of my questions directly or explain why it was bad to do certain things like you did. I'm trying to learn here and also to provide others with a quality searchable post.

I have searched for hours on this forum as to what settings to use and what to do. I myself had to figure out what to change to get it to boot right. None of that came from MiniITX, so as for helping "tons of people on here", at this point I'm not one of them. Now if he would have said, do this, and THEN boot into this mode and then change the boot.plist file, then I would be thanking him, instead his directions simply broke my boot. That is if you really want to talk about who is wrong and what is what. I don't think I'm wrong for asking politely for people to pipe down if they dont know 110% that their directions are going to work. Maybe if there was less of bad directions and more help along the way it wouldn't be such a nightmare sifting through 1000's of posts and not being able to trust information. The build I made is insanely common, yet there are at least a dozen different ways people are tackling setting it up.

Answer from MiniITX: "why did you copy unibeast Extra folder? Re-run the multibeast with userDSDT or DSDT free and 1080P boot screen under system info option checked the above .plist is for unibeast drive."
Basically calling me an idiot for copying the unibeast drive Extra folder over.

Really? How could you assume that i was calling you an idiot with that comment?

If you would have attached the Verbose mode photo at the beginning and said this is the error im getting when i run multibeast, i would have helped you or any one would have have helped you. Without that information how can i suggest to do this or do that?

Guess what that issue is one of the common issue on Ivy bridge builds.

Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 18.38.03.jpg

Anyways good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back