XFX Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

After a lottttt of mucking around I created a install usb with unibeast through a VM and went to install it on my XPS 420. I could not for the life of me get diskutil in the installer to see any internal SATA hard drives but it would detect external ones so I grabbed a usb sata interface and installed it on to a hard drive through that.

It installed fine and nothing went wrong at all so I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the usb as it actually managed to install it. So I put the hdd back into a sata connection on the mobo and attempted to boot from it. Nothing. So I boot from the usb again and chameleon detects the drive so I attempt to boot again. It boots, but gets so far and then just stops and a little stop sign comes up.

Booting in verbose and safe mode from the drive, it gets stuck at "Still waiting for root device" the error I dread whenever trying this.

Anyone got any ideas? Basic specs: Q6600, HD6870, 4gb RAM, no external pci other than GPU

Cheers, Charlie.

PS. Sorry if it's hard to understand my situtation but it's quite hard to explain!

you just admitted piracy (vm) in the forum, which is against the rules.

you seem to be having an issue with the bios/uefi configuration.

REally? isn't it just breaking the EULa.. or is that piracy? I don't really know about all that soooooo/... guess i'm getting banned in a minute./

I kinda guessed it was to do with the BIOS but the xps is quite old (2007) so it's quite hard to follow all the guides as they are based on newer systems. I put the sata into "RAID Autodetect/ATA but it still doesn't want to work. I will try with my T3400 and see if I have more options.

Thanks anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back