Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I've just installed a fresh copy of Mountain Lion using a DSDT from the database, I used Unibeast to install Mountain Lion but I could only do this through safemode (-x). As a result I can now only boot in Safemode too, everything seems to be working except the booting, when it attempts to load normally it comes up with a stop sign across the apple logo.

Any ideas of what I should check on Multibeast to get this working? The only things I've ticked are things to get the Network/Sound working. It is a Sandy Bridge processor so is there anything else I need make sure I do? Spec -

- Intel i5 2500k Sandybridge
- 8GB 1600mhz RAM
- Onboard graphics at the moment
- Mountain Lion 10.8.2

I installed ML in verbose mode, and can only boot in verbose mode...(

I would like someone to post with their recommondations but nothing yet... really want to get this new PC working properly. Should I try anything in Multibeast? I'm considering reinstalling and not using a DSDT as I've heard this can work for a similar mother board?

I would like someone to post with their recommondations but nothing yet... really want to get this new PC working properly.

Anyone?

Danosborne661 and XLR,
People can't help you if you don't specify what hardware you are trying to use, and what you see when you don't boot in safe mode (post a screenshot of the boot screen when booting with -v)

I have specified hardward as below -

- 8GB 1600mhz RAM
- Mountain Lion 10.8.2

I also said what is happening when I try and boot normally -'when it attempts to load normally it comes up with a stop sign across the top of the apple logo.'

Here's a screen shot of my screen when booting with -v as requested though :)
Seems like it could be a USB issue, perhaps USB3? Comes up with the following

'IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device' and 'Still waiting for root 'device'

IMG_3075.jpg

Any suggestions?

P.S - I unplugged my mouse from the USB in the back and the Keyboard & Bluetooth from the USB's in the front so all ports are free and still getting the same message.

I have specified hardward as below -

- 8GB 1600mhz RAM
- Mountain Lion 10.8.2

I also said what is happening when I try and boot normally -'when it attempts to load normally it comes up with a stop sign across the top of the apple logo.'

Here's a screen shot of my screen when booting with -v as requested though :)
Seems like it could be a USB issue, perhaps USB3? Comes up with the following

'IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device' and 'Still waiting for root 'device'

View attachment 34720

Any suggestions?

P.S - I unplugged my mouse from the USB in the back and the Keyboard & Bluetooth from the USB's in the front so all ports are free and still getting the same message.
What motherboard are you using (which will also identify the onboard graphics). Are you using a DSDT or UEFI? Have you tried booting with PCIRootUID=0?

Sorry I thought I stated what board I have! It's a Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3 using bios F11 and a DSDT from the database.

I would try PCIRootUID=0 but I just disabled my USB3 Controller in Bios as somewhere suggested and now my USB devices won't work on boot up.... woops! Do I need to take the CMOS battery out to reset the Bios settings to get my USB devices working again? Sorry I'm a bit of a noob at all this and I appriciate all your help :)

Ok I've tried PCIRootUID=0 and didn't get any further. What else should I check? Is there anything in Multibeast I should be making sure I use or what USB devices I have plugged in? Anything in Multibeast which may fix?

Anyone got some suggestions? Seems like a USB thing to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back