Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P6T SE
CPU
i7 920
Graphics
gtx770
hey folks, i've followed the guides here i used unibeast to make a bootable USB, installed ML then used multi beast but when i reboot i get past the boot loader then to a grey apple screen with the loading ring, this then turns to a black screen, i can still hear the HDD working but i just have a black screen, this has happened to me a few times and i'm having to re install ML every time , my MB is a Asus P6T SE and GFX is Asus GT640, any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

try "-v PciRoot=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes" i had the same problem, sometimes the kernel flag work but sometimes nothing. If it doesn't work, try power off your pc, boot with the kernel flag, press the reset button n try again with the kernel flag. I am so confuse with these problem, tried PCIRootUID=1 just got blue screen. if you noticed during boot there's error with nvdresman cannot load etc. I think its the 10.8 itself.

try "-v PciRoot=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes" i had the same problem, sometimes the kernel flag work but sometimes nothing. If it doesn't work, try power off your pc, boot with the kernel flag, press the reset button n try again with the kernel flag. I am so confuse with these problem, tried PCIRootUID=1 just got blue screen. if you noticed during boot there's error with nvdresman cannot load etc. I think its the 10.8 itself.

i tried that and still the same how do i boot with kernal flag?

try typing "npci=0x3000" that is what got me past your exact same issue.

Hi all,

I'm running a GA UD5H with an i7 3770k using the onboard graphics. I installed ML using unibeast, after a few issues I had it up and running, no audio, but ethernet and front USBs worked. Since running multibeast 5.0.2 ML crashes at startup on the apple symbol with the gears after about 4 rotations.

Typing "v- PciRoot=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes" gets me past ML crashing if I boot with the unibeast key into ML, I tried re-running easybeast, but ML still crashes when I boot it on it's own, not using unibeast key and the kernal flags. Even booting from the unibeast key into ML without kernal flags crashes!

Any ideas of how to get past this?

Ta,
Dan

power off pc, boot with the kernel flag, if get blank screen, press the reset button, enter again the kernel flag and you should get the login screen. i password used, there's a dialog saying if you want to continue load last open app. install graphics drives to enable CUDA and graphic performance will be restored. good luck. don't install official CUDA driver from nvidia, else these kernel flag wont work. i think we should wait until Apple fix this graphics issue, maybe 10.8.2 coz there's people getting same problem with real mac.

as for intel graphics try SMBIOS macbookpro.

I am using Dell XPS l501x. I got a solution for Mountain Lion black screen after installing multi beast.

I found that Installing chameleon v2.1 svn 2003 boot loader and some changes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Moreover you have to keep a file named Extensions.mkext and Preboot.dmg inside alongwith org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

I have attached all the files.

enjoy :)

Attachments

• ChameleonBootfix.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 206
Hey everybody!

Last weekend I build my first rig after using original Macs for years. Yesterday I installed Mountain Lion via Unibeast and everything was super, but after I installed Multibeast I get this black screen after reboot just after the grey apple logo.
By using "-v npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1" I got again onto the desktop and all the issues I had before (no sound etc.) were gone, supposedly by successfully installing Multibeast. What does that string of commands do exactly?

Nevertheless the black screen appears every time after reboot. I downloaded your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and read also in other threads about changing it but till now I did not do anything. I just open the installer and let it run, right?

Also I did not install the FakeSMC plugin NVClockX.kext, even though I have an GTX 670, if that's important.

I hope somebody can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back