i5-7500
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had installed macOS Sierra on this motherboard and I thought I had reached the maximum with it. Then, at the urging of the moderator, I bought the i3-3225 processor. I dared to go further and installed macOS Mojave, which worked very well with Clover or OC. After updating Mojave to the latest update, according to System Preferences, I downloaded macOS Catalina, and started installing it, as if I had a real iMac. The installation process over Mojave went normally, with three restarts. At each reboot I preferred to boot with the installer for Mojave. I am now a full macOS Catalina user. Believing that it was a coincidence or that I had visions, I repeated everything, with exactly the same result. It is necessary to provide the bootloader (EFI partition) and computer specifications. I have a question: is it really possible? Because nowhere did I find this installation procedure on a hackintosh. But it happened !!!

Specifications:
Motherboard: Asrock M61 VG-4 (UEFI with GUI support, ACPI: 1.1 SMBIOS: 2.3.1.)
Processor: i3-3225
LAN: Realtek8111E
Video: GPU: NVIDIA GT 730 Keppler architecture
WiFi: TL-881 ND
Audio: ALC662
Bootloader: CLOVER

Attachments

• Efi_Mojs_styck_desc.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 234
See

I didn't know about this study, but I'm very happy that I can share my experience, because there are some things to signal.
There was no need for a special bootable stick created for Catalina. But you need a bootloader that meets the technical specifications of the computer with the utmost precision. Because the installation seems very pretentious to this. This bootloader can be the installation stick from mojave or another macOS previously installed. Or it may even be the drive on which mojave is installed. Why insist on the precision of observing the technical specification (especially in the elaboration of the ACPI section, confil.plist section, drivers section and kext section)? because until I established precisely the above parameters, I did not succeed in anything. Then I had the feeling that I was having fun with the installation.

I tried to build a bootable stick with which to install Catalina, but I still can't. I can only install with Clover. Now I'm trying to convert the ESP content from clover to opencore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back