GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 6870
Here is the build:
GA-Z68XP-UD3 mono using onboard graphics
i5-2500 LGA115
4GB Crucial DDR3 (adding 4 more after getting it up and running)
60GB Crucial SSD

I have installed lion on the SSD. I have used the MultiBeast - Lion Edition and used the DSDT networking works fine installed the boot loader not sure about the audio that can be fixed later. After I reboot I have to use -PCIRootUID=0 -GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v

I have updated the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and added the -PCIRootUID=0 -GraphicsEnabler=No Still need to figure out why it only boots into safe mode any advice on how to normally boot this with the onboard graphics.

Thanks

I have this same motherboard, and for the life of me could not get it to work with on-board graphics. Once I installed a Radeon 6850, it worked well. There were other issues, but these were related to my USB stick. Do you have a supported video card you could try in the PCIe x16 slot?

Supposedly, there are some kexts available in MB to support the on-board graphics. However I didn't spend any amount of time looking for them, so you might have some luck searching the forum here...or someone more knowledgeable than I will happen by.

TB

I just helped a fellow in the chat room last night, and we worked through a similar problem. He did not have this identical motherboard however, but he was using the HD3000 on-board graphics. The problem, apparently, turned out to be that he was using the VGA port--and not HDMI. Once he switched to HDMI, the installation proceeded.

His problem was not exactly like you are having, I'll admit...but it is worthwhile to ask if you might be using VGA, and if so, maybe try HDMI.

TB

markstamp said:
Here is the build:
GA-Z68XP-UD3 mono using onboard graphics
i5-2500 LGA115
4GB Crucial DDR3 (adding 4 more after getting it up and running)
60GB Crucial SSD

I have installed lion on the SSD. I have used the MultiBeast - Lion Edition and used the DSDT networking works fine installed the boot loader not sure about the audio that can be fixed later. After I reboot I have to use -PCIRootUID=0 -GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v

I have updated the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and added the -PCIRootUID=0 -GraphicsEnabler=No Still need to figure out why it only boots into safe mode any advice on how to normally boot this with the onboard graphics.

Thanks

If your stated CPU is the 2500 without the K then you have HD2000 gfx rather than HD3000. You need either a gfx card or a CPU that has HD3000.

Great catch! I didn't notice the absence of the unlocked CPU there, but you are definitely right about that chip not having HD 3000 graphics.

He shoots...he scores!

;)

TB

So I am def going to need a graphics card then if I am reading this correctly

Also will this resolve the safe mode issue or is that taken care of by ktext?

It may well solve your KP...

Safe mode loads the kernel, disk I/O, and the shell. So in other words, not the GUI. And if that's being cause by a problem with your graphics, then booting into safe mode should indeed allow the boot to continue until you reach the root prompt. So I would definitely try a PCIe card, like one with native OS X support out of the box.

TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back