Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Installed Catalina but Clover will not add to UEFI boot entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually.... I think this can actually be closed. As it turns out, the drive was not fully wiped. Disk utility seems to get worse each and every iteration of macOS. It wouldn't wipe the drive nor delete the partitions.

I booted to windows and used diskpart to completely destroy everything on the drive, and deleted the partitions. I then even cleaned the drive.
I shut down, took it out and put it on my MacBook and installed. put the drive back into the hackie and booted the usb. it worked fine.
I installed clover.
worked JUST FINE
I copied my clover EFI to the SSD and rebooted
the UEFI entries were there automatically
it now boots without the USB.

actually.... I think this can actually be closed. As it turns out, the drive was not fully wiped. Disk utility seems to get worse each and every iteration of macOS. It wouldn't wipe the drive nor delete the partitions.

I booted to windows and used diskpart to completely destroy everything on the drive, and deleted the partitions. I then even cleaned the drive.
I shut down, took it out and put it on my MacBook and installed. put the drive back into the hackie and booted the usb. it worked fine.
I installed clover.
worked JUST FINE
I copied my clover EFI to the SSD and rebooted
the UEFI entries were there automatically
it now boots without the USB.

go back to the the start of the thread and put/edit [Solved] at the beginning of the title.
I agree Catalina only allows to erase in apfs but if you go to the partition tab you can use the other options. I keep a copy of Mavericks around for just suck occasions when I need to erase completely or format for windows/fat modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back