Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370N WiFi
CPU
Intel i3 8100
Graphics
Integrated (no GPU card)
I'm having trouble getting a High Sierra installation to work properly. Everything is new from the case to the internal hardware, and the High Sierra installer was downloaded yesterday. The installation appears to proceed correctly. As it's my second Hackintosh and I want it to be separate from my other Hack, I've set up the MacOSunder a completely different account name with nothing transferred across from the old Hackintosh. And as yet, no internet connection, which I will deal with later.

I'd post a verbose logging screenshot if I had one to look at, but as with non-verbose booting I just end up at a black screen. In non-verbose mode, I select the SSD to boot into High Sierra, I get the Apple logo and the progress bar, but just before (or at the same time as?) the progress indicator reaches the end of the bar, I end up with a black screen. I keep the USB stick unplugged during this process.

I've wiped and installed several times but with the same result. I wonder if there's an issue with the multibeast settings? Does anyone have any ideas? I feel that there's just something I need to do to graphics settings or UEFI; in the black screen status, I can hit the space bar and the case power LED relights, so the computer's ON in that sense, and I assume it's also booted, just with nothing visible onscreen.

I've tried in safe mode, that's not working either.

After watching a couple of reboots, the progress bar stops just after the indicator has gone a little more than halfway.

I grabbed a couple of verbose booting shots, the second of these two shows the final thing that happens before the screen goes black.

Attachments

• Verbose1.jpg
    Verbose1.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 80
  • Verbose2.jpg
    Verbose2.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 80
im stuck too. i have the same motherboard. did you manage to find all the BIOS settings? i couldnt find 4, 6 ,7

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 2.33.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 2.33.14 PM.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 55
I'm having trouble getting a High Sierra installation to work properly. Everything is new from the case to the internal hardware, and the High Sierra installer was downloaded yesterday. The installation appears to proceed correctly. As it's my second Hackintosh and I want it to be separate from my other Hack, I've set up the MacOSunder a completely different account name with nothing transferred across from the old Hackintosh. And as yet, no internet connection, which I will deal with later.

I'd post a verbose logging screenshot if I had one to look at, but as with non-verbose booting I just end up at a black screen. In non-verbose mode, I select the SSD to boot into High Sierra, I get the Apple logo and the progress bar, but just before (or at the same time as?) the progress indicator reaches the end of the bar, I end up with a black screen. I keep the USB stick unplugged during this process.

I've wiped and installed several times but with the same result. I wonder if there's an issue with the multibeast settings? Does anyone have any ideas? I feel that there's just something I need to do to graphics settings or UEFI; in the black screen status, I can hit the space bar and the case power LED relights, so the computer's ON in that sense, and I assume it's also booted, just with nothing visible onscreen.
Could you get the boot from USB installer and select your harddisk on the clover menu?

im stuck too. i have the same motherboard. did you manage to find all the BIOS settings? i couldnt find 4, 6 ,7

I didn't find them either. And as they're not mentioned in the Gigabyte manual, I assumed they're not available for this motherboard.

Have you been able to boot into High Sierra at all? (Setting up your account etc.) That's the furthest I've gone, with I think a successful bootup with the USB stick removed. Every other time I end up at the black screen. I've also wiped and reinstalled a few times, with the same result.

At laest, it could isolate the problem into EFI/config sector. You got the chance to re-build your configure on your harddisk using MB testing the different kext or patches,.

I didn't find them either. And as they're not mentioned in the Gigabyte manual, I assumed they're not available for this motherboard.

Have you been able to boot into High Sierra at all? (Setting up your account etc.) That's the furthest I've gone, with I think a successful bootup with the USB stick removed. Every other time I end up at the black screen. I've also wiped and reinstalled a few times, with the same result.

no i only get as far as the apple logo to begin loading then i get a circle that just stops from continuing.

i dont seem to get the HFS like in the instructions. not sure what im doing wrong

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 8.08.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 8.08.59 PM.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back