Installed Big Sur > Working on Getting Sleep to Work

• Thread starter Deleted member 188658
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 188658

Success. Eventually.
The install seemed to be progressing, but stopped going forward just about where the bar under the Apple load icon was about to reach the end. Seemed to stop there. After waiting 15 minutes, with no progress, I reset the system. First power up came back to the same almost there place. Second reboot just booted Bug Sur. Networking, graphics and Bluetooth working. Sleep not yet. But had similar problem in Catalina. I can 'fix' sleep by disconnecting the power and then rebooting after power back on. Think it has something to do with my Chassis: NTZX H201i.

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 3.04.53 PM.png

Success. Eventually.
The install seemed to be progressing, but stopped going forward just about where the bar under the Apple load icon was about to reach the end. Seemed to stop there. After waiting 15 minutes, with no progress, I reset the system. First power up came back to the same almost there place. Second reboot just booted Bug Sur. Networking, graphics and Bluetooth working. Sleep not yet. But had similar problem in Catalina. I can 'fix' sleep by disconnecting the power and then rebooting after power back on. Think it has something to do with my Chassis: NTZX H201i.

View attachment 495939
Hi use Hackintool for possible Sleep Fix.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 20.31.45.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 20.31.45.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 149
Hi use Hackintool for possible Sleep Fix.

Hackintool power tool settings have always been correct. As I said if I come up from a power-off to running state sleep works. But any reboot in and out of OSX causes sleep to fail.

Hackintool power tool settings have always been correct. As I said if I come up from a power-off to running state sleep works. But any reboot in and out of OSX causes sleep to fail.
Ok - That is a strange one, I take it your USB ports have been mapped to the recommended Apple 15 port limit and not using the USBInjectAll.kext, whilst it is ok for starters it is not really ideal to use as a final solution. Plus some cooling systems with a USB cable can break sleep. If you haven't already tried, unplug all non essential USB components apart from keyboard and mouse if they are indeed wired and test Sleep just to isolate that possibility from the equation.

Edit
Thinking about this line - 'As I said if I come up from a power-off to running state sleep works. But any reboot in and out of OSX causes sleep to fail', I am drawn to think something maybe amiss in your BIOS, sleep works until you reboot back into OS X, why should it fail by that simple operation, to me that points to an unstable component or BIOS setting. Yes I know my theory is a bit hairy fairy but worth a thought!!??

Last edited:
Yes I know my theory is a bit hairy fairy but worth a thought!!??
BIOS is up to latest. But interesting theory. May work on your suggestion tomorrow. Enough Hackintosh for today. The NZXT H201i has an internal USB connected controller that controls the LEDs and the fans of the box. It's pretty flashy, but most likely to be the culprit here. Took me a couple of tries before I identified that USB port in the USB mapping procedure; but it is mapped.

BIOS is up to latest. But interesting theory. May work on your suggestion tomorrow. Enough Hackintosh for today. The NZXT H201i has an internal USB connected controller that controls the LEDs and the fans of the box. It's pretty flashy, but most likely to be the culprit here. Took me a couple of tries before I identified that USB port in the USB mapping procedure; but it is mapped.
Ok - Yes this game can be both tedious and frustrating the best of times so I understand your sentiment. Hope you have better luck in tracking the cause later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back