Graphics
HD 520
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, after a lot of reading I migrated successfully to OpenCore bootloader and upgraded to Big Sur. Everything works fine except AirPlay, which worked in Catalina. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 19.49.19.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 19.49.19.png
    542.2 KB · Views: 193
OK, after a lot of reading I migrated successfully to OpenCore bootloader and upgraded to Big Sur. Everything works fine except AirPlay, which worked in Catalina. Any ideas?
Hi AirPlay is working here both in Catalina and BS so you'll need to check your settings again.

you can try this:

you can try this:
Thanks, but this is a totally different issue. My guess is it has something to do with the networking...

I have a similar issue and was wondering if anyone has any advice for a solution. I currently have big sur 11.1 with OC 0.6.5. Airplay works fully for all my other devices (real MBA and iphones). On my hack I can play audio through airplay in the music app, but it isn't an output option for my main sound.

I have the same issue as olive yang. Additionally, if Music app is started and Airplay icon clicked, all Airplay devices show there. After that, the Apple TV devices appear also as output option for the main sound - until I "Quit" the Music app. But only the Apple TV devices are shown on the main sound, not the Airport device, which only appears in the Music app.

Same issue here -- Airplay via Music app works but not as output for main sound... iMacPro1,1 here.

Thanks, but this is a totally different issue. My guess is it has something to do with the networking...
Well your guess is correct. I had the same issue, no airplay in the normal sound controls, only in the Music app. After installing my Fenvi t919 wifi/bluetooth adapter card I now have Airplay option in the sound control as it was before in Catalina and so on.

Note: Initially I had no wifi card whatsoever and a cheap bluetooth usb dongle. Removed the dongle and installed the Fenvi pci card and now Airplay is working system wide and also Airdrop and Handoff. (Bluetooth still needs an usb connection, cable provided by Fenvi in my case)

Hopefully you'll get it sorted as well...

Well your guess is correct. I had the same issue, no airplay in the normal sound controls, only in the Music app. After installing my Fenvi t919 wifi/bluetooth adapter card I now have Airplay option in the sound control as it was before in Catalina and so on.

Note: Initially I had no wifi card whatsoever and a cheap bluetooth usb dongle. Removed the dongle and installed the Fenvi pci card and now Airplay is working system wide and also Airdrop and Handoff. (Bluetooth still needs an usb connection, cable provided by Fenvi in my case)

Hopefully you'll get it sorted as well...
Thank you. I don't have and I don't need a wifi card. I never had one, but in Catalina Airplay worked fine. Anyway, it's not a big issue. I can live without it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back