Contribute
Register

Installation stuck at "apfs_module_start : 1340: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aurus Z370 Gaming 3
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm new to hackintosh. I was trying to make my first hackintosh. I followed this guide : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/
And now i stuck at the installation. My installation is keep freezing to:
"apfs_module_start : 1340: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs"
My pc specs:
CPU: I5-8400
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 3
GPU: GTX 1070 ti

Help me please.

I'm new to hackintosh. I was trying to make my first hackintosh. I followed this guide : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/
My pc specs:

Help me please.View attachment 392049

• Your macOSMojave USB installer Verbose boot has reached the stage where it has to select the Graphics , Monitor Display (DVIvsHDMIvsDP) and the needed Video related Options from BIOS and CLOVER/kext/Other having Lilu+WhateverGreen and config.plist _Devices and Graphics
  • CLOVER sees Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti in the PCIE but the macOSMojave installer inside the USB installer says it doesn't have any kexts to use this Video Card.
  • The Nvidia had not released any Webdriver for most current PCIE Graphics to be used in Mojave; Nvidia had released Web-drivers for earlier versions including macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. There are a few older Nvidia cards that are natively supported and your card is NOT one of them
  • Therefore, Mojave has to freeze at this stage because you have an UNSUPPORTED PCIE Graphics.
  • Your Options at this time are:
    • Use UHD Graphics 630 from your CPU Intel i5 -8400 to install Mojave
    • Use Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti and Install macOS HighSierra 10.13.6

Last edited:
Thank you, I’ll try macOS High Sierra then.

• Your macOSMojave USB installer Verbose boot has reached the stage where it has to select the Graphics , Monitor Display (DVIvsHDMIvsDP) and the needed Video related Options from BIOS and CLOVER/kext/Other having Lilu+WhateverGreen and config.plist _Devices and Graphics
  • CLOVER sees Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti in the PCIE but the macOSMojave installer inside the USB installer says it doesn't have any kexts to use this Video Card.
  • The Nvidia had not released any Webdriver for most current PCIE Graphics to be used in Mojave; Nvidia had released Web-drivers for earlier versions including macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. There are a few older Nvidia cards that are natively supported and your card is NOT one of them
  • Therefore, Mojave has to freeze at this stage because you have an UNSUPPORTED PCIE Graphics.
  • Your Options at this time are:
    • Use UHD Graphics 630 from your CPU Intel i5 -8400 to install Mojave
    • Use Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti and Install macOS HighSierra 10.13.6
Thanks for responding, i tried to remove the GTX 1070 TI and use UHD Graphics but still getting the same screen. I try to erase the USB drive and make it bootable again, change the bios (storage boot option - UEFI, Initial display output - IGFX, XHCI Hand off - enabled, sata mode - AHCI and Vt-d disabled) and still installation stuck at the same place.

Thanks for responding, i tried to remove the GTX 1070 TI and use UHD Graphics but still getting the same screen. I try to erase the USB drive and make it bootable again, change the bios (storage boot option - UEFI, Initial display output - IGFX, XHCI Hand off - enabled, sata mode - AHCI and Vt-d disabled) and still installation stuck at the same place.
  • All of the above steps you have listed are correct in making the Intel HD 630 to display video on your Monitor.
  • You have not mentioned (ideally uploaded screen shots) about your DVMT _Preallocated Memory in BIOS Chipset. [See image]
    • To get BIOS screen shots automatically (without Camera) on to FAT32 Formatted USB Flash disk: #33
  • How is your Monitor connected to the Graphics(What cable?)
  • Always upload Verbose boot screen with changes in the setup.
  • Upload CLOVER from your USB installer as zipped.
    • Check bulleted steps:-> #4

Attachments

• 2.Chipset.png
    2.Chipset.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 1,208
Did you solve this issue?

I'm facing the same issue after updating BIOS of my Asus motherboard

Before BIOS update everything was working fine

My pc specs:

Help me please.View attachment 392049
did u solve that issue? I ran into this problem today and don't know how to process next :(

I have this same problem in Hackintosh Catalina. I can't get past this stage. I am using Intel UHD 630 iGPU. I have all the settings in BIOS correct and don't know what to do. I have WhateverGreen and Lilu (not sure if Lilu is necessary) and tried changing ig_platform_id with no luck. What should I do?

I was stuck here and deleted the Virtual SMC from the KEXT Other folder, and replaced with the older, and well tested FakeSMC.... this seemed to work as I have an older motherboard.... this only works if you are inserting the KEXT this way.
The make the change you have to mount the EFI from your installation USB ( I use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI). this is also a handy place to change the boot arguments on the USB, in the Config.plist
These changes got me all the way to the Catalina install screen - which was a big step forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back