Contribute
Register

Installation running off of USB but .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z77MA-G45
CPU
i7 3770K Ivy Bridge
Graphics
EVGA NVidia GeForce GTX 660Ti SLI 3GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Today I thought I'd try to do the upgrade to Yosemite. Followed the instructions for the initial upgrade from Mavericks using Unibeast. I upgraded my MBP earlier and well obviously that went without a hitch.

I'm typing this post from my system Frankensystem, however there are a few issues. To begin with, using the latest version of Multibeast and following the prior configurations I used for the past releases of OSX, the Multibeast installation fails. From booting off of the USB I have everything working, including network, but no sound. I cannot cold boot the system without the USB installed and no matter what, I get no sound. I'd like to post the Multibeast log, but have no idea where to find it.

I'll state here and now, I built this system and had a few working iterations of OSX with the help of this community, but I did it basically by following the directions like a recipe. Otherwise I have little to no knowledge of the workings or language. Having my system working and running after a few updates and upgrades, is only testament to this community. I have no skill at this, but could use some help. I have a raid tonight and need sound LOL Oh booting without the USB would be nice as well.

Oh, no changes to the build posted here.

Finally got things running using Unibeast and Multibeast. I decided to use a new, larger SSD for a clean install. This went much smoother than trying to upgrade the original Mavericks drive. Everything works well including onboard sound, Airplay and networking. The only thing that doesn't work, aside from the obvious - Messages, is wake from sleep, which I can live without. If anyone has a quick fix for this, please post it here or point me in the right direction. Looking forward to getting some resolution for iMessage.

I have a 21" AluMac sitting around. Can I use the UUID from this for Messages?

Here's the results.

Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 11.27.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 11.29.49 AM.png

May try my hand at a Chimera install on the old drive once I get the data saved to another disk.

I want to add - unfortunately I didn't deactivate automatic updates and the system updated on it's own. Nothing broke. Sound and all worked as it did before. Just thought I'd put this out there.

Thought I'd post the newer GB3 score. Still not too shabby :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 7.28.58 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back