Intel Core i7 4770
Graphics
Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

I have a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H system with an i7 4770, 16GB RAM, GTX 980TI G1 Gaming and Samsung 840 Pro 256GB.

I have created the USB drive as per this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.195077/

I used Clover build 3763

Then I reset the system to optimized defaults as the first boot did not work at all.

Then I disabled VT-d in the UEFI and booted from the UEFI USB.

When booting with dart=0, nv_disable=1, npci=0x2000 -v I get a lot of output, but right before it ends in a kernel panic I have a lot of lines writing this:

ATHR: unknown locale: 21

Then after a few of them I get this:

iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.snp.134) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1

A ton of these again:

ATHR: unknown locale: 21

And the list thing I get to see before the KP is this:

busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'

I have tried with both the iMac 14,2 UEFI config.plist and the generic UEFI config.plist and no difference.

What is the issue and how do I get it to boot.

Ignore the "ATHR: unknown locale: 21", they are from your Wireless network interface but will not affect the boot process.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the kernel panic.

Hi
I was unable to catch the KP as it reboots quite fast.
Turns out the generated USB installer is a little unstable with this hardware config. I tried to catch the KP a few times and then it suddenly ran through the entire installation and when I had to boot from the system drive for the first time to complete the install, I booted with injected kexts, without caches and without out nvidia web drivers.
It completed the installation and upon first boot I just had a grey screen with no mouse pointer. Moving the pointer suddenly made it show up on the screen. After having a display connected to every single display output on the motherboard and the GPU it for some reason decided to register a non existing display on the IGPU DVI-port. To fix this I went into the UEFI and completely disabled the IGPU and then it booted fine and showed only the actual connected monitors. I could then install drivers and now have a working system.

i have the same issue! build is same. how did you get to the installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back