Contribute
Register

Installation on Predator G3-710 please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Predator G3-710
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm a huge apple fan and I wanted to install MacOS now on my Acer Predator G3-710.

I created my USB (on my MacBook Pro) device with the description from the Installation Guide on this homepage.
But after I tried to boot from USB I got a few problems, the first thing was that the apple logo freezes after booting, I solved this problem with enabling "USB Ownership and USB Injection" in the clover PCI devices menu of the bootloader.

But now I get a prohibited icon during the installation and also in verbose mode, I made a photo in attachment.

Even my BIOS settings are limited, in the photos below you can find my actual settings.

I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you in advance for helping me.
IMG_3251.jpeg
IMG_3246.jpeg
IMG_3250.jpeg
IMG_3249.jpeg
IMG_3248.jpeg
IMG_3247.jpeg
IMG_3244.jpeg
IMG_3245.jpeg
IMG_3243.jpeg

Remove the GTX 950 graphics card and enable the integrated graphics. Use those to do the install. Connect to your monitor via onboard HDMI or DP, not VGA. There are no Nvidia web drivers for Mojave yet anyway. You can't use it and get any graphics acceleration.

Screen Shot 19.jpg

Remove the GTX 950 graphics card and enable the integrated graphics. Use those to do the install. Connect to your monitor via HDMI or DVI, not VGA. There are no Nvidia web drivers for Mojave yet anyway. You can't use it and get any graphics acceleration.

View attachment 357903

Thanks for the quick reply, okay I can try to do it this way, is it possible to just deactivate the graphic card? Because there is still warranty on the Desktop.

Thanks for the quick reply, okay I can try to do it this way, is it possible to just deactivate the graphic card? Because there is still warranty on the Desktop.
How would you "deactivate" the card ? Try disabling it in the BIOS and see if that works or not. I don't think it will but you can try.

How would you "deactivate" the card ? Try disabling it in the BIOS and see if that works or not. I don't think it will but you can try.

I tried to enable the Intel AES-NI option but the option to enable the onboard graphics controller is still grey, I can't activate the onboard graphics. My screen don't get signal from the HDMI port of the motherboard.

I tried to enable the Intel AES-NI option but the option to enable the onboard graphics controller is still grey, I can't activate the onboard graphics. My screen don't get signal from the HDMI port of the motherboard.
That's why you need to completely remove the 950 first before you try booting with igfx. AES-NI has to do with encryption, it's of no use to you. You need to enable onboard integrated graphics.

That's why you need to completely remove the 950 first before you try booting with igfx.

Okay, thank you, I have to think about this option (because of warranty) but if the GeForce GTX 950 isn't supported I'll maybe run MacOS through a virtual machine because without graphics card it will work slowly anyway, right?

Okay, thank you, I have to think about this option (because of warranty) but if the GeForce GTX 950 isn't supported I'll maybe run MacOS through a virtual machine because without graphics card it will work slowly anyway, right?
No, the integrated graphics work just as fast, you can't game with them but they do everything else. We don't support running macOS in a VM here. You'll need to go elsewhere to do that. It's a rules violation.

No, the integrated graphics work just as fast, you can't game with them but they do everything else. We don't support running macOS in a VM here. You'll need to go elsewhere to do that. It's a rules violation.

Oh okay, I'm sorry, if you think that it will work fine I'll do it without graphics card. Maybe the graphics card will be supported sometime in the future. Or I have to think about to install Sierra first and waiting for Mojave support of my graphics card.

That's why you need to completely remove the 950 first before you try booting with igfx. AES-NI has to do with encryption, it's of no use to you. You need to enable onboard integrated graphics.

Thanks for your help! I decided to install macOS Sierra first now, I think the drivers from Sierra will not work if I make an update from Sierra directly to Mojave, right? I think I'll wait until the drivers are finally released for Mojave then before I make this upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back