Contribute
Register

Installation ok but next reboot hangs on gray screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rampage 4 Extreme X79
CPU
i7 4930k
Graphics
AMD Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, i'm trying to get Lion 10.7.3 working but i can't get to the System Setup screen after the installation, it hangs on the grey screen with movable mouse pointer. :banghead:

My specs are:
i7 2600 (not K)
P67 Sabretooth rev. 3
MSI HD 6970
8Gb Corsair XMS ddr3
74gb wd raptor Sata

i've tried everithng possible, PCIRootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, -x -v -f, npci=0x2000, disconnected al the USB devices but nothing.... the installer runs flawlessy with only GraphicEnabler=No, but when i reboot to get the System Setup screen it hangs with with pointer (if only use GraphicsEnabler=No), if i use GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v i get the "Still waiting for root device" line... the bios is ok, everything set up as expectet but i can't find the HPET64 thing...anyone know where to find it in the sabretooth bios?

Anyone can find out what my problem is? i've read that the sabretooth and the other components are compatible...even the 6970, at least to get the system running...

Thanks in advance!

I don't have this board, but I did Google and find the manual. It looks like section 3.5.3 discusses it, if only briefly--and it doesn't really call it out as "HPET 64." All you can apparently do is go into the Advanced > PCH Configuration, and enable the High Precision Timer. Also, make sure that you have "AHCI Mode" set in the Advanced > SATA Configuration > SATA Mode section.

Someone else will probably have other ideas, as I am a bit of a noob at Hackintosh myself, but I've been learning a lot by watching this fellow's videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDw3RhLWAjE&feature=related

Hmmm...can't get the YouTube tags to work, so I'll just give the link to the video. But at least this might help you get some idea as to where the problem lies.

TB

AHCI Mode and the High Precision Timer are selected...i've also tried to install Lion on an USB 160Gb drive but it does the same...can't figure out what the problem can be..

Hi, same problem on my PC. Asus P8H67-M LE, 4GB Memory, 320GB SATA Disk. :crazy:

Your problem is with the Radeon HD6970.
I got the same prob with 6950, but managed to fix it by following this link:
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=42136
It's not the best out there, but it works for me.
PM me if you don't have any working Mac to use ( The guide required a working Mac ), i have another method to install it.

Btw, im not a native English speaker, pardon my English

Hmm...i have a working mac but it's a laptop, i can't connect it to the lion HD 'cause it's a Sata desktop one..but i can access the Lion HD via Windows in the desktop, but i can only replace files, not run osx applications..as i have understand i need a working osx that can read the Lion HD...so i thin i need the other method, or not?

Ever tried Vmware with Lion? I used that to run pkg and install it to my physical Lion drive.
Or better yet, place that 6970 pkg inside of Lion usb drive, install it along with Lion and it will boot up. After it boot up you can do the next step to make video work.

Ok i've managed out to get to the system setup, now i can configure Lion and run multibeast but on next reboot i get a kp due to a cpu problem i think... anyone with the i7 2600 (not K) has some tips on how to configure it??

I don't have any idea with i7 2600, but how did you setup your SMBios? It should be in Multibeast. I used iMac12,2 and it run pretty well so far.

Hi, in my case it's onboard Intel HD graphics. Any ideas on that? Im still in the grey screen phase :thumbdown:
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back