Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Trying to install Mavericks on a HP Elitebook 850 G1. Everything seems to work right but I cannot get past the screen were after booting from the USB flash drive I just get a brief flash of the Apple logo and then the laptop reboots. I have tried all the boot flags that were recommended but it does not make any difference. Here are the specs of my HP Elitebook 850 G1 laptop:
- Intel i7 Haswell 4600U dual-core 2.1 Ghz cpu
- 16 GB RAM (2x 8 GB sodimms)
- 1 TB Hitachi 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

I replaced the Intel internal WiFi card with a Broadcomm BCM943228 Combo WiFi card combo 802.11 a/b/g/n / Bluetooth v4.0. Any suggestions or hints would be helpful. The reason that I am running Mavericks is that I have been using a old MacBook Pro dual core Core Duo that is 8 years old and I want to move my data and apps to the HP Elitebook 850 G1. The old laptop was getting too slow because I could not put more than 4 GB of RAM in it. Thanks....:)

Trying to install Mavericks on a HP Elitebook 850 G1. Everything seems to work right but I cannot get past the screen were after booting from the USB flash drive I just get a brief flash of the Apple logo and then the laptop reboots. I have tried all the boot flags that were recommended but it does not make any difference. Here are the specs of my HP Elitebook 850 G1 laptop:
- Intel i7 Haswell 4600U dual-core 2.1 Ghz cpu
- 16 GB RAM (2x 8 GB sodimms)
- 1 TB Hitachi 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

I replaced the Intel internal WiFi card with a Broadcomm BCM943228 Combo WiFi card combo 802.11 a/b/g/n / Bluetooth v4.0. Any suggestions or hints would be helpful. The reason that I am running Mavericks is that I have been using a old MacBook Pro dual core Core Duo that is 8 years old and I want to move my data and apps to the HP Elitebook 850 G1. The old laptop was getting too slow because I could not put more than 4 GB of RAM in it. Thanks....:)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back