Motherboard
Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
HD 7870
Good morning everyone :D

Prologue
this is my first attempt to make my pc a hackintosh and i believe i m in the right place for help. I spend last two days on reading articles on this site and gathering required stuff i believe i will need. Still i am new to this and i don't think i can make it without help.

My System

Mobo: Asrock H77 Pro4/mvp
CPU: i5 3470 @ 3,2 Ghz
Ram: 8 (2x4 sticks) Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz
GPU: Radeon 7870 2gb

(more detailed specs included in the file from AIDA64 report named "Report.htm.zip")

So far...
well so far i have done this:

1. patched the bios according to this guide http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/2013/01/19/simple-way-to-patch-your-own-bios/
2. downloaded latest versions of Unibeast and Multibeast.
3. downloaded OSX mavericks from appstore (i own a macbook pro mid 2010).
4. prepared Bootable USB drive according to step 2 of instructions in this site guide.
5. On bios i am not sure if everything is correct, but i checked : hard disk is AHCI , VT-d is disabled.
6. I removed 1 memory stick and left only one (4gb) for the installation.
7. I booted from USB drive and installed Mavericks.
8. After installation completed the system rebooted, and i chose to boot from mavericks disk at the boot loader screen. Then the system seemed to freezed at the white screen with the apple logo and the little circle below. I waited about 20 minutes just in case it continues with no luck.
9. Rebooted from hard reset button on the pc case and on bootloader screen added the -x flag this time.
10. completed the installation process, and now i am in mac os x mavericks environment.

Now what?
i have already come to this point yesterday reading about DSDT files and confused about what to do. I tried then with a dsdt file from another post i found (Narendra was the user with same mobo if i remember well) but with no luck.

So the questions raised in my mind are:
1. what to do now?
2. how to make a suitable dsdt file?
3. what is the right procedure to try different settings if something set on multi beast is not correct? Do i have to make fresh install of mavericks again? or just make new settings and apply them?

I provide dsdt file extracted with MaciASL

Sorry for the big post, i hope someone helps cause i really want to learn.

Have a nice day all

Attachments

• Report.htm.zip
    55.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSDT.dsl.zip
    27 KB · Views: 61
Hey CR3T4n,

did you end up getting Mavericks to work with your asrock h77 pro4? I am trying to do the same thing on a similar build, and I could really use some help

-Thanks in advance!

Hey CR3T4n,

did you end up getting Mavericks to work with your asrock h77 pro4? I am trying to do the same thing on a similar build, and I could really use some help

-Thanks in advance!

sorry for the big delay to answer, i had long time to work in my build cause of some problems. Now i am ready to work on it again.
At this point i have some issues i haven't manage to solve yet.
1. the usb ports not working
2. in my attempts to fix that the system became unstable and i re-install using the newest version of the tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back