Contribute
Register

Installation of 10.14.4 Update Causes KP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two users in that thread reporting success, but they both have Gigabyte motherboards. Everyone posting in these threads have Asus mobos...hmm...

Same problem here. I'm on Asus as well.

Clover is 4892, Lilu WGE AppleALC all latest, nothing plugged to the iGPU.

The machine would just reboot as if it's trying to get to the UI screen after the Apple logo loading bar.

Update: Reverted to WEG 1.2.5 and can boot with iGPU connectorless with full QuickSync. Please test older WEG version on your systems.
Tried this and did not work for me

Good idea. Will do and report back. For clarification though, if I disable the iGPU in the BIOS I'm assuming I would then have to change the ig-platform-id in my config.plist correct?
You can confirm it's the same issue by disabling iGPU multi-monitor; if you boot fine after that but have no more Airplay/etc., you're in the same boat as us ;)
Can confirm disabling iGPU multi-monitor in BIOS allowed me to boot into 10.14.4. Now just have to figure out how to turn it back on and have it work

I just deleted all the devices info in config and replaces WEG with version 1.2.6. Now it works perfectly fine again!

Here's my Clover folder (I deleted all serial numbers):

Attachments

• EFI 10.14.4.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 94
Hmm...still no idea what's causing it on mine even with an older WEG. I guess I may have to wipe out Clover entirely and make sure I don't have anything old laying around breaking stuff. Awesome that others with Asus boards are finding a way through though! :D

I had the same issue! I am running on ASUS Z390A Prime, with 9900K and RX 580, iGPU in headless mode. Got boot loop after update, disabling iGPU in BIOS solved the boot loop issue. But no more iGPU features.

Then I saw a post to enable H.264 and HEVC on RX 5XX GPUs by running Vega's driver, by adding dummykext144.kext to clover/kexts/others and "shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 shikigva=32" in config.plist.

Now even I can't get iGPU working, H.264 and HEVC still works. Tested with three 4K HEVC video playing in QuickTime 60fps.

The original post is here (#657):

I have a similar rig (willie). In my case 9900k = unknown, iGPU is headless and hw acceleration/quicksync does not work.
I was told I should sppof the deviceID since 9900K is not recognized but I guess I'm going to wait for the new SMBIOS (2019 iMac, from 10.14.4) that will make all this unnecessary AFAIU.
What about you? Did you spoof the deviceID? or did you use NoVPAJPEG or something (I didn't).

Tx
-a-

Update: Got mine working. I grabbed the 4862 build of Clover off the Downloads section here, deleted the drivers64 and drivers64UEFI directories entirely on my EFI partition, and installed Clover. Removed all device properties and let WEG handle that; contrary to documentation I had to turn ON Intel injection (but no fake ID) however. Perhaps my mobo isn't presenting the CPU data completely correctly and Clover's injection is fixing it? Thanks all for the help and discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back