Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus z170 pro gaming
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
nvidia gigabyte 970 rev 1.1
I solved a lot of problems like the stucking on apple logo, Bluethoot tramitting problem and so on.

To solve these problems, I needed to turn off my nvidia 970 and begin the installation on my integrated gpu.

Now, that everything seemed to work, when I reach the installation screen, and I want to select the hard drive where I need to install OS X, It shows up only the USB stick I'm using to install the OS x itself.

I can't find a solution. AHCI is already set in BIOS.

Nothing worked.

Any help will be appreciated.

up, someone help me

No one can help me?

Use disk utility to format the drive to Mac OS Journaled, that will most likely work.

Use disk utility to format the drive to Mac OS Journaled, that will most likely work.

Thanks man, I have already done this, and the drive has been detected for the installation.
Another issue came out:

while installing, this is the error:

OS X could not be installed on your computer.
File system verify or repair failed.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

Any advice?

Sorry for the late reply.

For me, I haven't experienced that issue, but some posters have said that might be the case of a failed hard drive or something. In any case, try formatting it again, and try the installation again.

... when I reach the installation screen, and I want to select the hard drive where I need to install OS X, It shows up only the USB stick I'm using to install the OS x itself.

Is this a brand new HDD? If not, you will probably need to burn a Linux LiveCD or Live USB. Boot into it, start GParted. On some distros it may need to be downloaded and installed into memory. Linux Mint has GParted already installed on their Live CD.

Select the disk drive and delete any partitions on it and hit the Apply button. Some partitions, like the MS Reserved partition will need to be formatted first, then deleted.

Once the disk is wiped out, reboot the system, remove the CD and install the UniBeast stick.

I had to actually format a drive in EXT4 before I could install Robo Linux on it. And at work many times I have to format the drive to NTFS before Windows can be installed.

And yes, if it still doesn't work, boot off the Linux LiveCD and run GParted again and format it as FAT32. Don't forget to hit the Apply button (curved arrow). If GParted can't see the drive then it may be bad.

Last edited:
Is this a brand new HDD? If not, you will probably need to burn a Linux LiveCD or Live USB. Boot into it, start GParted. On some distros it may need to be downloaded and installed into memory. Linux Mint has GParted already installed on their Live CD.

Select the disk drive and delete any partitions on it and hit the Apply button. Some partitions, like the MS Reserved partition will need to be formatted first, then deleted.

Once the disk is wiped out, reboot the system, remove the CD and install the UniBeast stick.

I had to actually format a drive in EXT4 before I could install Robo Linux on it. And at work many times I have to format the drive to NTFS before Windows can be installed.

And yes, if it still doesn't work, boot off the Linux LiveCD and run GParted again and format it as FAT32. Don't forget to hit the Apply button (curved arrow). If GParted can't see the drive then it may be bad.

Thanks for reply.
Anyway, I figured out this problem, formatting via disk utility.
Anyway while installing, it shows up this problem:

"OS X could not be installed on your computer.
File system verify or repair failed.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

I can't understand how to go on.

Is the HDD new or old? Maybe it's done for good. Try using a different hard drive and tell us what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back