i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys!
Before you proceed trust me I've read a lot of threads in this forum without success solving it, I've come up with the solution that some problems are individually that's why I'm posting a new one!
It's been almost a year and a half that my stationary computer has been not used as a Hackintosh because of this shitty problem between Nvidia and Apple. I bought the RTX 2080 but then realized that the drivers will never be released so I turned it into a windows computer. Well, I've been studying software development for the past 2 years and realized that why not convert my stationery to a Hackintosh again and develop on it when I don't want to use my MacBook Pro, so I just changed the GFX Card. I sold the RTX 2080 and bought the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT instead.

I've been off from these forums but I thought it shouldn't be so complicated to re-install Catalina to my current spec, 'll a funny story it is complicated and I should have known better.

Let me give you my specifications:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime z370-a
CPU: Intel 8700K (not overclocked, running defaults)
GPU: AMD RX 5700 XT OC 8GB
Drives: 1x M.2 Samsung Evo 970 && 1x M.2 Samsung Evo 960

I've read some threads on how to configure the motherboard BIOS, I've also updated to the latest version
Complications that I've had are the following -> I've run the Catalina UniBeat to create the installer, I've tried it out of the box and got apfs error and later on, I've got the Assert fails ( data != 0) error.

Then I came up with an idea to install Clover manager on my macOS laptop and upgraded the bootloader to the latest version. Then these errors stopped appear and I got stuck on

memory panic stackshot succeeded ** bytes traced XXXX​

Now for the most fun part, my computer has stopped reading my USB-Disc. Getting really frustrated

Best Regards

Hi guys!
Before you proceed trust me I've read a lot of threads in this forum without success solving it, I've come up with the solution that some problems are individually that's why I'm posting a new one!
It's been almost a year and a half that my stationary computer has been not used as a Hackintosh because of this shitty problem between Nvidia and Apple. I bought the RTX 2080 but then realized that the drivers will never be released so I turned it into a windows computer. Well, I've been studying software development for the past 2 years and realized that why not convert my stationery to a Hackintosh again and develop on it when I don't want to use my MacBook Pro, so I just changed the GFX Card. I sold the RTX 2080 and bought the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT instead.

I've been off from these forums but I thought it shouldn't be so complicated to re-install Catalina to my current spec, 'll a funny story it is complicated and I should have known better.

Let me give you my specifications:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime z370-a
CPU: Intel 8700K (not overclocked, running defaults)
GPU: AMD RX 5700 XT OC 8GB
Drives: 1x M.2 Samsung Evo 970 && 1x M.2 Samsung Evo 960

I've read some threads on how to configure the motherboard BIOS, I've also updated to the latest version
Complications that I've had are the following -> I've run the Catalina UniBeat to create the installer, I've tried it out of the box and got apfs error and later on, I've got the Assert fails ( data != 0) error.

Then I came up with an idea to install Clover manager on my macOS laptop and upgraded the bootloader to the latest version. Then these errors stopped appear and I got stuck on

memory panic stackshot succeeded ** bytes traced XXXX​

Now for the most fun part, my computer has stopped reading my USB-Disc. Getting really frustrated

Best Regards
you installed clover on your real Apple product?

After googling for 2 hours and watching youtube, I came by this thread in this forum. Works flawlessly for my setup. I can successfully enter the installation window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back