Contribute
Register

Installation Issues, getting the prohibited sign at OS X Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, trying to finish my first hackintosh build and have run into a brick wall getting OS X to actually install. I believe I have all the bios setting correct and have made multiple usb sticks with unibeast, all to no avail. I should mention I tried two different installs of Sierra on unibeast sticks i made and one of el capitan. All resulted in getting to the OS X screen with the install bar at the bottom for about a second before going to the OS X prohibited symbol.

This is on an Asus Maximus VIII Extreme Assembly with an intel i7.

Hello, trying to finish my first hackintosh build and have run into a brick wall getting OS X to actually install. I believe I have all the bios setting correct and have made multiple usb sticks with unibeast, all to no avail. I should mention I tried two different installs of Sierra on unibeast sticks i made and one of el capitan. All resulted in getting to the OS X screen with the install bar at the bottom for about a second before going to the OS X prohibited symbol.

This is on an Asus Maximus VIII Extreme Assembly with an intel i7.
There are a few Successful Builds with your MoBo or similar ones with EXCELLENT Steps that you may be able to use with your build if you check the Forum.

Here is a link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ld-asus-maximus-viii-formula-i7-6700k.194603/

Hey there, thanks for the link i followed it but the only thing I saw different to try was the NVMe driver, which I added in and still the same result.

Complete Part list is as follows:

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assebmly motherboatd
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 graphics card
Ballistik Sport 16gbx4 DDR4 Ram
Intel Core i7 6700k 4.00 GHz
Thermal lake fan for I7

Samsung 850 Evo 1tb SSD
Seagate 3TB Disk Drive x2
Corsair AX 760 power supply

These are all the setting I have changed in the BIOS after updating to newest version

Extreme Tweeker
AI Overclocker Tuner > X.M.P.
Extreme Tweeking > Enable
Advanced Items
CPU Configuration > CPU PowerManagement Configuration > CFG lock > Disable
System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
Onboard Devices Configuration > Wi-Fi Controller > Disable
Onboard Devices Configuration > Bluetooth Controller > Disable
Boot Menu
CSM > Disable (if no OS or UEFI GPT Windows)
Fast Boot > Disabled
Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
Boot Option 1 > Your UniBeast USB key (90% sure that's what's selected)
Exit > Save Changes

Could not find
System Agent (SA) Configuration >Graphics Configuration > DVMT Pre-Allocated > 64M
PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 > Enable
APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled

Last edited:
I have since tried many more things, including but not limited to, downloading USBInjectAll.Kext and nvidia config, both below. I added them to my usb stick in the proper places and got to the same symbol even faster. Still no luck, any ideas?

here's a video of my issue

Attachments

• USBInjectAll.kext.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 74
  • h170n-wifi-nvidia-config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
bump
can anyone tell me where my issue is? Since clover loads does that mean the boot loader is definitely good and I don't need to tweak that?

Is the issue 100% in the USB stick at this point and if so does the video above show my error?

By booting in verbose mode I got El Capitain installed, I got to it's install screen, formatted the drive, and installed El Capitatin. The system then rebooted and went into bios, it can not find any bootable drives and when I try to boot fro the USB stick it gives an
error allocating 0x12f5 pages at......
error loading kernel cache (ox9)

bump
can anyone tell me where my issue is? Since clover loads does that mean the boot loader is definitely good and I don't need to tweak that?

Is the issue 100% in the USB stick at this point and if so does the video above show my error?
I just had a chance to take a look at your Config.plist. It shows your System Definition to be Mac Pro3,1 which does not boot. Tonymac post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...acpro3-1-macpro4-1-system-definitions.200868/ says "Starting with macOS Sierra, Apple has decided to drop support for MacPro3,1 and MacPro4,1 systems."

Therefore, change your System Definition to iMac 14.2 and try .
Sorry I missed your attachment earlier and saw your long Video only and it was rather difficult to view clearly. I prefer static images uploaded to the Forum.

multibeast failed to install, i attached screenshots below. Coudln't find the multibeast log but hopefully the clover log is the same thing?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 9.39.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 9.39.59 AM.png
    472.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 9.40.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 9.40.06 AM.png
    857.3 KB · Views: 160
multibeast failed to install, i attached screenshots below. Coudln't find the multibeast log but hopefully the clover log is the same thing?

I noticed from Clover Install log , you have both your USB installer and System Disk with El capitan mounted. While using the Multibeast, could you have , by any chance, missed the target disk? Chose the USB Installer disk instead of HDD Sierra System disk for that Multibeast installation failure ?

See attached image where target can be wrongly chosen by oversight.

I suggest a repeat attempt to install MB 9.01 on System Disk at this point.

PS. To see your MB install log Launch "Console" [Applications>Utilities>Console] >/var/log expand to see Install log

Attachments

• Multibeast9.01 install.png
    Multibeast9.01 install.png
    38 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Thanks for your help, i definitely installed on the el capitain disk, not the installer usb. I downloaded the new version of MB, 9.0.1, and got the same result. Installation failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back