Contribute
Register

Installation guide for Acer V5-572p-6858

Status
Not open for further replies.
APIPA is Automatic private IP Address, it is the IP address automatically assigned by system. APIPA is the address like 169.254.x.x. It is good for computer-to-computer connection but not good for computer-router connection

Does this mean there is no way for the laptop to connect to a router at all? No solution of any kind (at this time)?

I assume this is a kext issue? This cannot be resolved with hardware (usb device)?

I just want to know. I have to tell someone their laptop cannot connect to the internet (at this time).

Does this mean there is no way for the laptop to connect to a router at all? No solution of any kind (at this time)?

I assume this is a kext issue? This cannot be resolved with hardware (usb device)?

I just want to know. I have to tell someone their laptop cannot connect to the internet (at this time).

This means the internal ethernet card (Realtek RTL8168, Rev-14) cannot link to router correctly due to driver/kext issue.

It has nothing to do with any other devices. If you have a usb ethernet card that supports Mac OS X, of course it will work. Just like my wifi in this laptop can connect to router and use internet without problem, it has nothing to do with the Realtek RTL8168 issue.

Thanks. I will update the guide to include the voodooHDA in #148 then.

To the ethernet, I did further investigate and found it cannot get IP address from DHCP server just like osanekun said. Sorry guys, I was only used it to connect two computers directly to transfer files (1000MB speed benefits), in this case, APIPA address is enough to work well, so I didn't realize the problem. I will mark in the guide too.

Thanks mslily for looking into the problem. Makes sense now and i can stop banging my head on the wall. lol
If you come up with a solution for the ethernet problem please let us know. In the mean time wireless is working and that's great, especially since it's a laptop and it's nice to know if I need to do large file transfers at least thats possible thru the ethernet. Thanks again!

Question about the trackpad, does it support full gestures or just basic ones like 2 finger up and down scrolling? Wondering if I just didn't install correctly.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back