Contribute
Register

Installation finally worked! But I can only use my integrated graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 780 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, so after much tinkering... I was able to install Mavericks last night; however, I had to set my display to IGFX instead of my PCIe 1.

Even after the installation, I tried to switch back to PCIe 1, but I would get stuck on the loading screen. Even using -x, -v, and a few other flags.

Another important thing to note, is I haven't installed MultiBeast yet. Should I switch back to IGFX to set up my MultiBeast first?

Thanks guys, and I apologize if I'm unclear... just let me know (learning this terminology).

hi

i've got similar problems like the one you mentioned. can only boot with on board graphics and once i set the IGFX on my bios to something else like PCIe, it refuses to boot.

wondering if you have come up with any solutions for this.

Hey guys, so after much tinkering... I was able to install Mavericks last night; however, I had to set my display to IGFX instead of my PCIe 1.

Even after the installation, I tried to switch back to PCIe 1, but I would get stuck on the loading screen. Even using -x, -v, and a few other flags.

Another important thing to note, is I haven't installed MultiBeast yet. Should I switch back to IGFX to set up my MultiBeast first?

Thanks guys, and I apologize if I'm unclear... just let me know (learning this terminology).

It's a good idea for you to install MultiBeast with the correct settings for your system, Network, Audio and importantly at this point graphics. MultiBeast 6.0.1 for Mavericks default is GraphicsEnabler=No which is required for your graphics card. Once you have installed MultiBeast, reboot to the BIOS and change your Init Display First to PCI, disable the internal graphics. You may be able to test this doing the latter and booting from your UniBeast Drive if you are unsure of your MultiBeast settings.

hi

i've got similar problems like the one you mentioned. can only boot with on board graphics and once i set the IGFX on my bios to something else like PCIe, it refuses to boot.

wondering if you have come up with any solutions for this.

For your 580 your will need GraphicsEnabler=Yes, You will have to select this is MultiBeast 6.0.1 under Customize>Boot Options before you revert to your graphics card. Once you have applied this in MultiBeast boot to your BIOS and set Init Display First to PCI and disable internal Intel graphics.

thanks wildwillow!
it worked. now my "about this mac" is finally reading my gtx 580 properly.

i tried using cinebench to run an OpenGL test but only got 35.14fps
that sounds a little low for two gpu. am i only running one?
am i supposed to do anything to make sure that my dual SLI is working properly?

thanks wildwillow!
it worked. now my "about this mac" is finally reading my gtx 580 properly.

i tried using cinebench to run an OpenGL test but only got 35.14fps
that sounds a little low for two gpu. am i only running one?
am i supposed to do anything to make sure that my dual SLI is working properly?

Unfortunately SLI and Crossfire isn't supported in OS X. Although both cards will function correctly, Just not simultaneously. Glad it is working for you.

Hey guys similar problems I have but this time my gift have stop working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back