Ryzen 3900X
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I'm having a problem with installing osx lion on my comp (details later), i have created the usb stick on a clean snow leopard on an imac (on lion it failed to copy the files) it boots correctly recognises my graphic card and two monitors without a problem, correct resolution everything seems fine, i started the install but when about 11-10 minute is left i get a message that installation failed, and to restart and try it again. I have tried 2 HDDs but the same error at the same time always.
Could the usb stick be corrupt?
Any ideas?

My spec is
ga-p67x-ud3-b3
i7 2600k at stock speed
gtx 550 ti oc
2x4 gb ddr3 1333 mhz

i had lion on my previous system for two years without problem with a simliar setup and specialy my hdds are the same.

thanks
sen

some extra informations: 3 hdds in the system, one pci soundcard, no dvd/cd drives, sata achi enabled. standard install osx lion.app

Unplug any extra HDDs and sound card.

Make sure your BIOS sets are correct and you are on SATA0 or 1.

Which SATA port are you on?

Using USB2.0 ports for the Unibeast stick.

jester969 said:
Unplug any extra HDDs and sound card.

Make sure your BIOS sets are correct and you are on SATA0 or 1.

Which SATA port are you on?

Using USB2.0 ports for the Unibeast stick.

Soundcard removed, hdds unplugged, unneeded usbs unplugged, it's sata0, usb 2.0.
But still not working. I'm thinking that it's probably the usb that it's got corrupt, i will have to figure out if my school has a standard osx lion usb thumb drive somewhere so i can use that as the source.

Yeah, I would redo the Unibeast stick again or use another stick. Some USB sticks can be finicky.

jester969 said:
Yeah, I would redo the Unibeast stick again or use another stick. Some USB sticks can be finicky.
i hope it's not the stick because this is my only 16 gb usb stick. however it has no problem with the previous installs and multiple windows installs. so it's probably the source which is bad. only if i had access to my mac appstore someway with a normal internet.

Did you double check your BIOS sets?

jester969 said:
Did you double check your BIOS sets?
yea, but it was the usb, made a new one today with unibeast and it installed without any problems, now the only problem i have is my sound card but i guess making asus sonar dx to work on osx is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back