CPU
Intel Core i7-7700k
Graphics
Zotac Gtx750
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everybody. I have a problem installing Sierra on my PC. I tried to install it but the problem was that sierra doesn't recognize my SSD m2 NVMe Samsung 960Pro.
Can you guys help me with that SSD error? Maybe I need some kext or something, I don't know. I'm not going to install the OS on the SSD anyways, but the boot gives me an error just because the SSD is connected.

I'll leave here my build just in case you need it or there something else I need to do to make my components work fine. I'm a newbie in this thing.

MoBo: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
SSD: m2 NVMe Samsung 960Pro
HDD: Samsung 2.5" 500Gb 7200rpm (it's a Seagate rebranded)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2x4Gb 3200mhz
CPU: i7 7700k
GPU: Zotac Gtx 750
Heatsink: Corsair Hydro H115i
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 850W

Thanks to everyone.

Hi everybody. I have a problem installing Sierra on my PC. I tried to install it but the problem was that sierra doesn't recognize my SSD m2 NVMe Samsung 960Pro

Can you guys help me with that SSD error? Maybe I need some kext or something, I don't know. I'm not going to install the OS on the SSD anyways, but the boot gives me an error just because the SSD is connected.

I'll leave here my build just in case you need it or there something else I need to do to make my components work fine. I'm a newbie in this thing.

MoBo: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
SSD: m2 NVMe Samsung 960Pro
HDD: Samsung 2.5" 500Gb 7200rpm (it's a Seagate rebranded)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2x4Gb 3200mhz
CPU: i7 7700k
GPU: Zotac Gtx 750
Heatsink: Corsair Hydro H115i
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 850W

Thanks to everyone.

You are not going to install Sierra onto the SSD? You have Windows installed on the SSD, I suppose? Then I suggest you temporarily disconnect the SSD from your system while attempting to install.

You are not going to install Sierra onto the SSD? You have Windows installed on the SSD, I suppose? Then I suggest you temporarily disconnect the SSD from your system while attempting to install.
Yeah I have win10 on it. But i don't want to have more errors once I installed it and my SSD is connected.

Yeah I have win10 on it. But i don't want to have more errors once I installed it and my SSD is connected.

You may be right. As Sierra does not recognize third party NVMe SSDs, even if you successfully install Sierra after disconnecting the NVMe SSD, once you reconnect it you may encounter those errors again.

I suggest you try to install High Sierra then, as this version can recognize NVMe SSDs. Make sure to temporarily disconnect the SSD from your system while attempting to install.

You may be right. As Sierra does not recognize third party NVMe SSDs, even if you successfully install Sierra after disconnecting the NVMe SSD, once you reconnect it you may encounter those errors again.

I suggest you try to install High Sierra then, as this version can recognize NVMe SSDs. Make sure to temporarily disconnect the SSD from your system while attempting to install.
Okok, thank you. The problem now is I have Sierra on my Mac...

Edit: oh, my GPU is a Cuda. Is it compatible with high sierra?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back