Graphics
Hd 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am following the dualboot guide and the unibeast guide at this moment. I want to create a dualboot.

Step 1: format SSD for OSX and Win = done
I used a virtual machine (windows 7) with snow leopard. The SSD was split in half (60gb osx and 60gb win7). I used the osx disk tool (create 2 partitions, guid table).

Step 2a: In installed windows on the win partition. Windows is installed with all the updates (i have 40gb of free space left :headbang: )

Step 2b Bios settings-
I used this guide. I also followed Lnx2Mac's commentary post on how to configure the BIOS

My settings:
- Setting Advanced CPU Features to ENABLED (all of the options)
- set XMP to Profile1
- No-Execute Memory Protect = Enabled
- Init Display First = onboard
- SATA Control Mode = AHCI
- ACPI Suspend Type = S3 (STR)
- HPET Support = Enabled
- HPET Mode = 64-bit mode

Step 3 - Installing Lion (with Unibeast).
I created the unibeast USB boot disk following the guide).

The Hackintosh OSX Install is Hanging at Logo Stage
I used the verbose mode. Not sure where to look but in the screen where it hangs i see the following:

first error:
Code:
BootcacheControl: unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory
Few lines lower:
Code:
Previous shutdown Cause: 3
Transcript offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] Failed
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitforservice(resourcematching(appleintelcpupowermanagement) timed out
Dmos has arrived
com_lnx2mac_realtekrtl81xx: Ethernet address 50:e5:49:c4:e8:5e

I also tried "disable boot cache" as an option. I let the installer run for 20 minutes but it still hangs. The wheel below the apple logo keeps spinning. ( In front of the apple logo i see a small (error) sign.

Hardware issues?
I removed three of my RAM modules. I tried to use only 4 gb in the first(?) DIMM slot (DDR3_1 channel B) of the gigabyte mb. I also tried some other settings without succes (two modules in different dimm slots). The type of my memory is: Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9W. Still the computer hangs on the boot logo. :crazy:

i guess it is another component. Maybe the OCZ Agility 3 SATA III?
I formatted the drive in a virtualmachine (60gb windows and 60gb osx, just like the guide indicated. Within the VM i see the 60gb lion part of the SSD. I also saw this when installing windows 7

The SSD is connected via SATA_3_0 (also tried SATA_3_1). Both are controlled by intel z68 chipset. I then tried GSATA3 port 5 and 6 (controlled by Marvell 88SE9172 Chip) and SATA2_4 without succes.

Maybe it is the USB stick (corsair). Does it matter which USB i use? I use the RED ports (USB 2.0) ports at the back of my pc. When i use the USB 3.0 port i get a different error
("still waiting for root device").

I am out of ideas.... :?:

i am having the exactly same problem. somebody HELP!!!!

I have had the same issues. See if you can boot into safe mode (-x) I am able to boot into safe mode, but not normally.

Same issue doing some research... Same Board and drive, onboard video.

Same problem here... i can boot only with -x.
When i boot in normal mode, before bootcachecontrol issue (/var/db/bootcache.playlist not found), it tries to do fsck to my boot volume, but is tagged as "disk1s2 (NO WRITE)".
Could be a problem that NO WRITE?? :crazy: :crazy:
Do you have the same thing before bootcachecontrol?

Ty all for the help!
Basqua

Im not sure if i have the same problem because its my first time to try and install. but mine also has the same text in verbose mode. and the same freeze at the logo in normal boot. same motherboard too. with 4gig ddr3 corsair memory intel ssd. What do I do now?

Have you run MultiBeast with

• System Utilites
• FakeSMC
• EvOreboot
• ElliotForceLegavyRTC
• PCI Configuration fix
• Use Kernel Cache
• Extension Migration Tool

? If not, then please do that.

What System Definiton did you choose?

Do you have a DSDT for your board? There is one at the databese here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt.php
Please use that one!

lnx2mac_realtekrtl81xx is giving you problems, it seems. Try to install with Ethernet disabled or without this kext and see if it helps.

Did you use arch=i386 npci=0x2000 for boot options?

shibirian said:
Have you run MultiBeast with

• System Utilites
• FakeSMC
• EvOreboot
• ElliotForceLegavyRTC
• PCI Configuration fix
• Use Kernel Cache
• Extension Migration Tool

? If not, then please do that.

What System Definiton did you choose?

Do you have a DSDT for your board? There is one at the databese here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt.php
Please use that one!

lnx2mac_realtekrtl81xx is giving you problems, it seems. Try to install with Ethernet disabled or without this kext and see if it helps.

Did you use arch=i386 npci=0x2000 for boot options?

Im sorry I havent installed anything yet. not even multibeast. because I keep getting stuck with the installation of lion using unibeast. I get stuck at the apple logo. how do i troubleshoot this? I followed the bios preps and the hardware I use are ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 with intel 2500k corsair 4gig ddr3 memory. Thank you!

Try adding GraphicsEnabler=No (as I typed it) to the start up options when you see the Unibeast start up.

willwilsonphoto said:
Try adding GraphicsEnabler=No (as I typed it) to the start up options when you see the Unibeast start up.

Oh! it worked! youre a lifesaver! Thank you thank you thank you! now to move on with the installation. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back