i7 4790K 4GHz
Graphics
MSI Geforce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 Video Ram
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys,

So I haven't been on here in awhile since I build my last personal hackintosh machine. I just build my new personal machine and Im having trouble getting everything setup.

So I made USB and everything and got it installed. At first everything was working USB hubs, Ethernet, Etc out of the box. The only thing that isn't working is my graphics, but after I used Multibeast for El Captain like the install guide say everything broke and I installed the recommended Nvidia drivers for my card as well and no dice.

Now Ethernet dont work, hell nothing works really, starting to think I have unsupported hardware or I just got the worse hardware and it will take some time to get everything working.

My Spec (In My Profile) Here as well...

MB - MSI Gaming 5

Cooler - Corsair H60

Ram - Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 X 8GB)

GPU - MSI GTX 970 and AMD Gigabyte 7950 (AMD works out of the box, GTX doesn't)

PSU - EVGA Supernova G2 650watt PowerSupply

Case - Corsair 200R

If anybody got a similar build with Yosemite or el captain working good, please let me know the step you used. If my build isn't compatible let me know as well. I thought they all was on the build guide. I thinking its the MSI GTX, should have got a Nvidia Geforce.

Thanks For Help in Advanced,

Just to review, I got it installed but no graphics or Ethernet. I used the clover method, I tried Yosemite Chimera method same got it working no graphics and Ethernet after using multibeast. Oh and no Audio but everything else worked USB and stuff.

~Gamer~

After you complete installation, use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition on USB and copy config.plist to your HDD/SSD. Now use CC again but this time mount the EFI on your HDD/SSD and copy the previously saved config.plist over and overwrite the one that was installed by Multibeast.

You will also need to install the Nvidia Web drivers and set nvda_drv=1 in config.plist (open with CC, under Boot section).

After you complete installation, use Clover Configuration to mount the EFI partition on USB and copy config.plist to your HDD/SSD. Now use CC again but this time mount the EFI on your HDD/SSD and copy the previously saved config.plist over and overwrite the one that was installed by Multibeast.

You will also need to install the Nvidia Web drivers and set nvda_drv=1 in config.plist (open with CC, under Boot section).

Thanks for replying. I actually got everything working other than audio. I used the remove GPU method after I set everything up and was booting of my HDD. I put back in my GPU's and it worked first boot read both GPU's and everything just still audio wasn't working.

Then I loaded windows 10 up and shutdown and tried to load mac again and it resets every time know after that nvda_drv=1 is added like before. It wont boot to the desktop and I had everything working just about.

I dont know I think it just not stable, but I will do what you said and see it it works. I didn't do anything with the Clover Config I though we just needed to do all of that since there wasn't a multi-beast at the time.

If there is other stuff I have to do Im clueless I need a good guide for my setup, if you run across let me know. til then I keep tinkering but im done for while now after that ****.....

Thanks Again,

~Gamer~

Hey,

So I tried what you said got everything working audio, Ethernet and graphics. After restart to see if everything will still work it would load. Ran Verbose mode and sticks a miss Bluetooth which after research said that it is usually graphics card failure.

So apparently I can get it working with my config but its not stable. I can get it working completely and stable on my AMD Gigabyte 7950 but not MSI GTX 970.

Oh and it was el capitan I tried. Since that not working going to try Yosemite with Chimera and see if I can get it working, had better luck with it in the past.

you did install the nvidia web drivers ?

Yeah I got everything working perfect 3 monitors and everything. Thanks for all the help. I did have some trouble getting CUDA to work in after effects but after trials and tribulations it was simple as add my graphics card to the raytracer supported cards text located in the resources folder of show packages for affter effects.

So know everything is working wonders. Got my adobe products working, Os working great. Now I just need to enable bluetooth and I be set.

Thanks for the help,

Robert D. Gee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back