CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
msi gtx 950
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, after problems with a GTX460 bought a R6870.

Big problems with installing (latest iboot and retail dvd)

Tried -x -v PCIRootUID=1 and any of these combinations. But to no use.
Verbose stops with:
ATI card posted, reading VBIOS from legacy space.

In the end got it working installing with a 8800gt, then using multibeast, shutdown, switch cards and restart. But for future installs I would like to know what other options are available.

I just hit this also...

Admittedly, I'm a n00b to all this hackintosh stuff, but using the latest iBoot and 'Beast, my machine would get stuck at the white Apple screen with the spinning donut.

I booted GraphicsEnabler=no, and that let me go into the desktop/Beast and fiddle. I selected the 64 bit boot screen, and to use the Chameleon (2.0 RC5 I think) with experimental ATI support.

Now, when I boot, it just gives a black screen. In Verbose mode, it halts at the "ATI card posted... Reading VBIOS from legacy space".

I tried the Chimera 1.3.0 bootloader also, which the comments say will enabled all ATI cards, but I hang on the white Apple screen with this also.

Any suggestions on what options I need for this config?

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Intel Q9550 (not OCed)
XFX Radeon 6870 (stock, early reference design)
Intel Pro 1000 GT NIC
Single SATA 750 GB HD on Intel port
Single SATA DVD on Intel port
Retail SL updated with 10.6.7 from the single-updater as mentioned in the guide
DSDT install using GA-EP45-UD3R F9 from the database (not entirely sure if the P/R matters)

I seem to get random kernel panics (grey screen telling me to hold the power button) more often than I'd expect, so clearly there's something about this config I need to adjust... :? For example, I just tried to Shut-Down, and it had a panic after the desktop closed, but before power-off.

Thanks!
Mike

Mvsteeg said:
Hi, after problems with a GTX460 bought a R6870.

Big problems with installing (latest iboot and retail dvd)

Tried -x -v PCIRootUID=1 and any of these combinations. But to no use.
Verbose stops with:
ATI card posted, reading VBIOS from legacy space.

In the end got it working installing with a 8800gt, then using multibeast, shutdown, switch cards and restart. But for future installs I would like to know what other options are available.

Hi there, I used a 5770 and used to have the same difficulty there, I believe because I haven't manually disable the integrated graphics card. What mobo did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back