i7
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im all up and running with OSX and so far haven't encountered any problems! :thumbup:

Now I don't need to run windows natively or anything along those lines. Is it possible to use Bootcamp? or Parallels?

If not how about VirtualPC and VMWare?

Only looking to actually run one windows app so don't want to go mad!

Cheers

I posted a long read just the other day. http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/87313-parallels-windows-8-clean-install.html

If you are starting with a clean blank HD then make sure to use DiskUtil as outlined in the middle of the post and/or by bimmer325i in the comments.

If you have an existing Windows HD and wish to save it then follow the instructions about backing up correctly in the last half of my post.

Enjoy your Hackintosh!

I admit that Virtual PC and VM Ware are probably easier to set up - but they just ignore the error in partition information while Parallels forces you to fix it. VPC and VMW will probably break with the next Apple update as a result.

Thanks Bob,

To be honest, Im not looking to install it on another drive, I don't even want to run it natively! Im quite happy to have it running inside OSX for the 1 bloody basic windows app I occasionally need.

Id rather avoid going to the expense of using an additional hard drive just for windows if I can.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back