Not open for further replies.

war

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I install Mac OS X, but at the moment to update, at the end, RESTART BY ITSELF! doesn't ask me, restart it by itself! ( the screen get lock and show the message that I must to turn it off and turn on it again )

I am using iBoot + Mac OSX Snow Leopar Retail + Update 10.6.6 (+ Multibeas, I still can't use it) I tried to update to 10.6.7 with the same result

after that I can not start

Samsung R480
Core i3 330 2.13GHz
Nvidia 330M

excuse my bad English

Attachments

• _MG_0011.jpg
    _MG_0011.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 261
Re: Install + Update = RESTART IT BY ITSELF ! Help u_u

Can you boot with IBOOT and then select your OSX HDD? If you can, then try run update (DO NOT REBOOT) and apply multibeast setting again.Once done, reboot

Re: Install + Update = RESTART IT BY ITSELF ! Help u_u

I install and updat and then it block itself like you can watch in the picture, FORCING ME to restart, then I use iBoot, I select my HDD OSX and doesn't start ( I can't use Multibeast the first time, never)

1 restart: iBoot select the HDD OSX , grey screen, block itself like the image
2 restart: iBoot select the HDD OSX, message hibernate.. etc .. forceway=y .. etc .. then grey screen, grey apple, loading icon and keep the same
3restart: iBoot select the HDD OSX, typing ForceWake=y , then grey screen, grey apple, loading icon and keep the same

Thanks

I have started agaiin, again and again, but it is the same!
I have noticed that the update doesn't even ends, doesn't reach the end, where says summary, it hangs before ( as you can watch in the picture)
Also tried with -v, you can see in the image the result and then with -v-x, I also attached an image

*I'll have to forget the upgrade? How can it be that this only happen to me, and doesn't happen to anyone else? I have see many Samsung R480 working pretty fine
:banghead: :cry:

Attachments

• updatNOresumen.jpg
    updatNOresumen.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 238
  • -v.jpg
    -v.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 224
  • -v -x.jpg
    -v -x.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 233
Hello there.

I have exactly the same problem, after installing the MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7.pkg, the system forced me to hold down the power button, and after the restart I can't load my mac os system, i always get the "Hibernate image is too old by 37389 seconds. Use ForceWake=y to override". Even if I use the iBoot or the MultiBeast.

I tried to started with: -x -v cpus=1
and after 5 minutes loading things I got:

HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga
VoodooPS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v7.4
DSMOS has arrived
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment) timed out

(I waited for another 10 minutes, and then I got:)

HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit support by Taruga

And that's it. The system never start.

My Laptop is a Gateway (NV49C05m)
Intel Core i5-480M
Intel HD Graphics
4 GB DDR3 Memory

Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated

Thank you

I suggest you start from scratch again and ensure you get the basic 10.6.x running first. Prior to updating to 10.6.7, if you have a spare secondary HDD, it could be useful to make a clone using super duper or carbon copy so that you have a backup DISH to go back.

Then you can perform 10.6.7 update ....and see if it cause any similar issue as before.

I have had success installing the 10.6.7 update in the safe mode.

1. Using iBoot logged into SL and copy the 10.6.7 combo update and Multibeast files onto desktop
2. At the iboot screen, highlight Snow Leopard HDD partition and type '-x'. then press enter
3. You will be booting into safe mode, then go ahead and run the update as on the blog

It worked for me....

I have the exact same problem!!

Ive tried reinstalling again and again it always restarts on its own.

Acer Aspire 5740
Core i3 2.13GHz (2 cores)
3 GB Ram
320GB hdd

and

MBP 8.2 15"

The exact same thing happens to me. I already tried many diferent solutions. I would try the solution from the above reply, by installing it on safe mode -x, I'll see if it works and reply back the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back