Contribute
Register

Install UniBeast 10 and Used MultiBeast for Sierra - Can't Boot with USB Thumb Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z170n Wifi Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600 3.3 Ghz
Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have installed a fresh install of High Sierra using Unibeast 10 preventing the APFS so MultiBeast could install.
I have chosen the same values for my drivers as previous installs of Sierra and I see it has installed kexts into the Library/Extensions folder. However, when I boot from disk my USB devices don't work. EG Keyboard and Mouse.
I have also installed the Nvidia webdrivers and initially I was getting the Black Screen on boot. After logging into recovery and setting NvidiaWeb to true and doing the sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -update-volume commands I am able to boot but still no USB devices and I don't think the Graphics are loading as the login page has screen tearing.
I have copied the usbinjectall.kext to Clover/kexts/other like the unibeast has it but it still doesn't want to work.

Mobo: Gigabyte z170n Wifi Gaming 5
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600 3.3 Ghz
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 960

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 3.17.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 3.17.58 PM.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 57
I have installed a fresh install of High Sierra using Unibeast 10 preventing the APFS so MultiBeast could install.
I have chosen the same values for my drivers as previous installs of Sierra and I see it has installed kexts into the Library/Extensions folder. However, when I boot from disk my USB devices don't work. EG Keyboard and Mouse.
I have also installed the Nvidia webdrivers and initially I was getting the Black Screen on boot. After logging into recovery and setting NvidiaWeb to true and doing the sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -update-volume commands I am able to boot but still no USB devices and I don't think the Graphics are loading as the login page has screen tearing.
I have copied the usbinjectall.kext to Clover/kexts/other like the unibeast has it but it still doesn't want to work.

Mobo: Gigabyte z170n Wifi Gaming 5
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600 3.3 Ghz
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 960

I got my USB and other drivers working by copying most of the unibeast clover config settings over.
I have uninstalled the nvidia drivers and reinstalled and it looks like the driver is attempting to load but I get a black screen that flashes a snowy image then black again.
I have followed the steps from other posts but can't seem to get it going.

jmain,

Using MultiBeast for Sierra (v9) will not work. It uses an older version of Clover and the kexts which won't work in High Sierra. You can do one of two things: first, wait for MultiBeast for High Sierra (v10) to be released (soon), which I recommend, or, second, use tonymacx86's guide How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB starting with Step 13 but use the procedures to install on your HS drive (not the USB). You can get the latest kexts forum the Forum's Download > Kexts.

Either way, you'll have to do a fresh install since it's a PITA to edit everything MultiBeast for Sierra has installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back