Contribute
Register

Install successful, can't boot after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all,

For the better part of a year, my install was working fairly smoothly and I had no complaints.

Last week, I unplugged the computer to move it and when I rebooted it, nothing seemed to work.

For the past week, I've been scouring these forums for answers that I cannot seem to find.

Since I had to do a fresh install, I just figured I would install High Sierra instead of Sierra. I can get the install to work but when I reboot, I am stuck. The Apple logo appears, the progress bar fills out slowly and the computer reboots.

I've followed the steps in the guides, configured my BIOS correctly, did my post-install config with Multibeast, etc.

Every single time (I'm on my 6th or 7th install of MacOS trying to solve this) the same thing happens.

I wanted to figure this out alone but now I'm just going crazy. What am I missing?

I have filled my profile with my CustoMac configuration.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Cheers,
Josh

Hello all,

For the better part of a year, my install was working fairly smoothly and I had no complaints.

Last week, I unplugged the computer to move it and when I rebooted it, nothing seemed to work.

For the past week, I've been scouring these forums for answers that I cannot seem to find.

Since I had to do a fresh install, I just figured I would install High Sierra instead of Sierra. I can get the install to work but when I reboot, I am stuck. The Apple logo appears, the progress bar fills out slowly and the computer reboots.

I've followed the steps in the guides, configured my BIOS correctly, did my post-install config with Multibeast, etc.

Every single time (I'm on my 6th or 7th install of MacOS trying to solve this) the same thing happens.

I wanted to figure this out alone but now I'm just going crazy. What am I missing?

I have filled my profile with my CustoMac configuration.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Cheers,
Josh

• My biggest criticism for most Installation Guides is the lack of emphasis it places on the need for Verbose boot.
    • All that is needed is to edit config.plist _Boot _Arguments [√]Verbose boot(-v) once or
    • pressing Space bar at Clover Boot Manager screen to get a popup to get a chance to click and place [√] Verbose (-v) on each reboot until system installation and Clover boot installation on the hard disk is completed and the System disk can boot without any problem.
  • The result of this shortcoming to emphasize this important step with an otherwise excellent Guide like Unibeast Method is that almost 100% of those who post here for help for failure to boot describes "Apple logo and filling of progress bar percentage" as their observation of boot screen leading to boot failure.
    • The above description is utterly useless to get any clue to why the boot has failed.
    • The only way to get any clue is to boot in Verbose mode and upload a screen shot when the booting seems to end unexpectedly instead of the booting device reaching its target screen successfully to enter the next stage.
  • I have observed this kind of post by seasoned Hackintoshers as well as newbies.
    • A significant number of responses by those who want to help is a reminder to boot in Verbose Mode and upload a screen shot!!!!
    • I personally would also add to (1)Verbose Boot Screen image the need for posting the (2)BIOS options from its various menus chosen for the boot and a (3)compressed (zipped) CLOVER file from the booting disk uploaded to the forum to assist the poster with troubleshoot steps.
      • Since CLOVER is a hidden folder, the only way to access CLOVER is to mount the EFI partition of the Disk (USB installer or System Disk that shows failure to boot in Verbose Mode) on the desktop using EFI Mounter v3 or Clover Configurator Vibrant and browse EFI>EFI>Clover and Right click and Compress and then upload CLOVER as a zipped file.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my utter uselessness. I am trying to understand but yes, I am a newbie at this.

I set the boot to Verbose and attached is the screenshot.

It goes to retry #60 or so.

Thank you,
Josh

Attachments

• IMG_20180505_163345.jpg
    IMG_20180505_163345.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back