Contribute
Register

Install successful, but can’t boot to legacy Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS GAMING WIFI (rev. 1.0)
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Finally got past the internal drive showing up as external. Now that I have installed Mojave (legacy clover), I can’t boot the drive. The bios just sits there and does nothing. When I put the install usb in and boot to clover, it only provides me with the option to install again. My setup is a Dell T7500 Dual X5660 and 24gb of ram. I have one ssd with Windows 10 and one ssd with Mojave.

I did remove the APFS.efi file and did a clean install. Still does nothing and wont show up/boot

I did remove the APFS.efi file and did a clean install. Still does nothing and wont show up/boot
Make sure you have apfs.efi or ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi in your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 folder.

Make sure you have apfs.efi or ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi in your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 folder.
On the usb installer or on the SSD?

Gotcha! I can attach the ssd to my iMac and read it.

What’s a good program for windows to view the macOS systems?

Gotcha! I can attach the ssd to my iMac and read it.

What’s a good program for windows to view the macOS systems?

You just need to view the EFI partition on the SSD and copy the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi from your install usb to your SSD's EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 folder.

The EFI partition is not part of macOS.

You just need to view the EFI partition on the SSD and copy the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi from your install usb to your SSD's EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 folder.

The EFI partition is not part of macOS.
See thread title - It's a Legacy install.

See thread title - It's a Legacy install.

Sorry, my mistake :banghead:. As @BreBo had mentioned the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 folder, I presumed he had an EFI partition that was being referenced.

Booted Unibeast in verbose mode, is there a way to pull the boot log from the installer? The last thing i think it said was unsupported cpu

There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You should attach them to your posts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back