Contribute
Register

Install Snow Leopard on Asus P6T

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dhoomdhoom, use the "-v" tag to find out where it holts, then google the error.

@ZimmerX

I've found a way to create a USB installer without actually needing a MAC to do it:
http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/nbi2.shtml

I found it last night, but didn't have a 16Gb flashdrive to try it on. I did have an 8Gb drive (but they format to just under 7.5Gb, so just not big enough for retails), so I tried it with , got it booting, but kept locking up on a "system uptime" error.

I did something a little different to the guide though, I used the standard iBoot disk to boot, rather than the separate USB boot img included with the guide, as the iBoot loads if the DVD is in SATA2, and as long as the main USB installer is in, it picks it up no problems. (the included USB boot, I did try it, didn't seem to be very good, the GUI didn't seem to load properly, or if it did, it's crap).

So I'll be getting a 16Gb flashdrive today and trying again with the retail. Hopefully it works.

Ok. With the latest bios for P6T, and by formatting the drive on a MAC (because disk utility won't work) I have been able to get all the way through the install to the end. However, when it comes to the end... it never stops. The timer just goes into negative numbers and continues indefinitely. Anyone seen this before? Have any ideas??

2.jpg

Hi,
I've a P6T SE mobo and IBoot+Multibeast worked for me.

Configuration: I7-920 Cpu, 12GB 1600 DDR3, CD-DVD rom, test HD Caviar 250GB sata, Nvidia 8600GTS 512MB video card.
I've used PCIRootUID=1 to start retail dvd MACos 10.6.3

There's some issue with Intel Sata controller and so I can't use it to install the system.
But the P6T has JMicron controller onboard that let me full install the system. After Multibeast installation I've switched off the system then I moved HD on the intel ich controller (sata port 1) and system booted fine from hd, without any PCIRootUID parameter. I've installed Chimera 1.1 boot.

:lol:

Some problem still remain about mobo powermanagement, but I will work on that during the weekend.

Ciao
Dome

dobova86 said:
There's some issue with Intel Sata controller and so I can't use it to install the system.
But the P6T has JMicron controller onboard that let me full install the system. After Multibeast installation I've switched off the system then I moved HD on the intel ich controller (sata port 1) and system booted fine from hd, without any PCIRootUID parameter. I've installed Chimera 1.1 boot.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing mate, this has solved all my problems. Now posting from OS X! DVD:Drive in SATA1 (intel) then SATA:Drive in the first JMicron port. I haven't moved it back to the intel yet, might not, can't (seem to) set a JMicron drive as a boot drive, so I'd have to if I want it to boot automatically, but as I'm running windows, will probably keep that as the main o/s and OS X as a secondary.

Update / Multibeast worked fine. Though, before those I had sound, now I don't, so have to work through that.

Graphics were fine from the get go, even had dual monitors plugged in a working through the installation without any problems.

Hopefully I can get this sound working without too much hassle, then I'll be all set!

Which is the JMicron? Also, do I need to install anything onto the board to use the JMicron or just plug and play?

I'm having all sorts of issues installing, hangs at the apple grey screen, never gets to install.

A few important tips that I found to get your Asus P6T Hackintosh working:

1) Attach your DVD drive to the first Intel SATA port on your motherboard. Once you have it on the right port, if you check in your BIOS, you should see SATA 1 with your DVD drive listed.

2) Attach your target HDD drive to the first J-Micron SATA port on your motherboard. These are the bottom-most SATA ports on the motherboard (mine had a sticker on them).

3) Disconnect all other drives except for your DVD and your target HDD.

4) Setting the CPU in the BIOS to Enable C-State Tech also helped me get my Hackintosh working like a champ.

5) You don't seem to have to add audio or disk kext's anymore in MultiBeast, as everything worked out of the box for me with the latest iBoot and Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 media I had.

trigren said:
A few important tips that I found to get your Asus P6T Hackintosh working:

1) Attach your DVD drive to the first Intel SATA port on your motherboard. Once you have it on the right port, if you check in your BIOS, you should see SATA 1 with your DVD drive listed.

2) Attach your target HDD drive to the first J-Micron SATA port on your motherboard. These are the bottom-most SATA ports on the motherboard (mine had a sticker on them).

3) Disconnect all other drives except for your DVD and your target HDD.

4) Setting the CPU in the BIOS to Enable C-State Tech also helped me get my Hackintosh working like a champ.

5) You don't seem to have to add audio or disk kext's anymore in MultiBeast, as everything worked out of the box for me with the latest iBoot and Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 media I had.

as soon as you do combo updates you'll loose sound. I'm stuck with voodooHDA for the time being ...

Interesting... try installing the audio drivers from MultiBeast again... I don't recall needing them on my build.

I get a kernel panic saying "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI"\"
I have tried all iboot versions any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back