Gigabyte GTX 750
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Yosemite Install Problems Can't get to install OS X Screen

Hi All. I went out and got all mostly all recommended components thinking the install would have no problems however I can't seem to get to the OS X install screen. I tried just launching straight unibeast but the it doesn't even load 1/4 of the way. I tried -v and it loads and hangs on "still waiting for root devices". Some successful installs say they use GraphicsEnabler=Yes maxmem=4096 and npci=0x2000 but I'm not sure how to enter these commands. Do you type them all after -v??
I set up the bios as recommended( disable VT-D and onboard graphics, Set other OS ) I'm sure this is an easy fix since I have mostly recommend components. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H MB
Samsung EVO 850 250 GB
Intel i7-4790 CPU
Gigabyte GTX 750 Graphics
32GB Patriot Viper Memory

Attachments

• File May 19, 10 40 18 PM.jpg
    File May 19, 10 40 18 PM.jpg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 139
  • File May 19, 10 39 24 PM.jpg
    File May 19, 10 39 24 PM.jpg
    993.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Hi All. I went out and got all mostly all recommended components thinking the install would have no problems however I can't seem to get to the OS X install screen. I tried just launching straight unibeast but the it doesn't even load 1/4 of the way. I tried -v and it loads and hangs on "still waiting for root devices". Some successful installs say they use GraphicsEnabler=Yes maxmem=4096 and npci=0x2000 but I'm not sure how to enter these commands. Do you type them all after -v??
I set up the bios as recommended( disable VT-D and onboard graphics, Set other OS ) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H MB
Samsung EVO 850 250 GB
Intel i7-4790 CPU
Gigabyte GTX 750 Graphics
32GB Patriot Viper Memory

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

This is to avoid having to scroll back to Post #1 just to see what you have.

Thanks in anticipation.

Was this answered. I am having the Same issue with an HP Elitebook Resolve810.

Not Yet, I wish it was. Going to change Title and maybe get more attention.

Not Yet, I wish it was. Going to change Title and maybe get more attention.

Please see Post #2.

You might try installing using your integrated graphics instead of the discrete card and see if that makes a difference.

If not, try adding npci=0x3000 to your boot flags or even PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000

Thanks That got me to the install screen and so far so good but let me ask a question. Since I will eventually being using a graphics car should I be installing with GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1npci=0x2000 to a boot flag? Should I lead off boot flag with -v?

I am able to install OS X however I now can not get Customac to boot after Multibeast. I did just a straight install of Unibeast then used the Multibeast settings shown below. Now when I boot I get to apple screen and after about 5 seconds it just reboots never starting to load. Not sure why Bios is showing two different versions of my HD

Attachments

• File May 20, 3 21 26 PM.jpg
    File May 20, 3 21 26 PM.jpg
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 115
  • v05.pdf
    18.3 KB · Views: 190
  • v05.jpg
    v05.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.