Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
I try to install OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 (also with Mavericks and Mountain Lion) using the Guide „UniBeast Install OS X Yosemite (Mavericks and also ML) on any supported Hardware“:
ASUS H97M-Plus
Intel i5-4690
HD4600/ASUS GTX750 Ti 2GB
16GB Corsair Vengeance LP RAM

SSD/HDD:
Samsung SSD830 64GB / Seagate ST9320423AS 2,5“ HDD 320GB SATA

USB (try them on diff. USB Ports):
KingstonDataTraveler 2.0 32GB / Transcent JetFlash 500 32GB

BIOS (Version 0323) Settings:
using F5 (Optimized Defaults)
VT-d: Disabled
Secure Boot: Disabled
OS Type: Other OS
CFG-Lock no settings (not there)

I try these with all possible combinations of my Hardware (GTX750Ti, HD4600, DVI/HDMI SSD/HDD, USB) and with all the combinations of different bootflags (alone or in diff. Combinations): -v, -x, -v –x, GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No, maxmem=4096 or 8192, PCIRootUID=1 or 0

Yosemite:
Onboard HDMI: mostly panic, sometimes the installer runs (disk util, lang settings etc. ) but freeze at „About 9 minutes remaining“
Onboard DVI: panic
ASUS GTX 750 Ti HDMI or/and DVI: panic

Mavericks:
Onboard HDMI: Installer starts, see the Apple symbol (w. Spinning symbol) then blank screen (stay blank).
Onboard DVI: Installer runs (disk utils, lang settings etc.), after first reboot it hung at apple logo with spinning symbol.
Same with GTX750 Ti.

Mountain Lion:
Onboard DVI/HDMI, GTX750Ti DVI/HDMI, SSD/HDD: Installer finished up to 1st reboot then it hungs at the apple logo (with spinning symbol).

I also disabled Onboard Sound and Onboard LAN.
I've only connected the one and only SSD (or HDD) where I try to install OS X.
Only Mouse & Keyboard where connected.

This is now my 2nd Weekend I spent installing OS X on this hardware (2years ago I successfully installed ML on my prev. HW, a GA-Q77M, but the MB is dead now, so thats the reason why I'm here).

I would choose either Mavericks or Yosemite. Mavericks is easier to install, neither are easy to get to work with iMessage if that is important to you (it is convenient on a "real" Apple machine but hardly a deal breaker).
If you install Mavericks and "upgrade" to Yosemite you will see the same problems you have now.
Presumably you have the latest Unibeast and MB files. The current version of Yosemite already has the latest upgrade so I would download that if you can.
I have Intel virtualization technology enabled with no problems (I use it in Windows) but a different mobo chipset. I enabled it for use in Windows but after stable OS installations. Presumably you ticked off AHCI.
If you format your drive/partition correctly and use Yosemite when you boot via Unibeast you should be able to install Yosemite but as you have seen it may not boot directly from Unibeast after installation appears to complete successfully.
If you get what looks like kernel panic try booting with various flags, usually -x. You may also need GraphicsEnabler=0 (check out what your video card requires-you should be able to install with that video card and not Intel graphics but I am not sure what you mean by "all combinations.").
Except for the latest high end graphics cards (as documented on this site) recent Nvidia and AMD cards should not cause installation problems.
After experiencing many problems installing Yosemite I think much of what is interpreted as kernel panic may be due to problems with the boot loader configuration. You may have better luck installing the Chimera boot loader stand alone package separate from other MB options. That solved my problems in Yosemite. Maybe it technically shouldn't but it did.
If -x gets you to a shaky looking desktop try just installing the dsdt free package and the Chimera boot loader (see above) and nothing else via MB unless you need specific boot flags although you can add those later.
With persistence you can find a way.
It's a learning experience although all you learn is how to get a hackintosh running on your specific hardware.

Some great advice in the post above mine. I nearly have the identical system to your OP. I tried months ago and failed miserably. Tried again the other day and BAM, it installed with the new Unibeast loader. Not sure if that helps....I also had to turn legacy usb support to "auto" from enabled, otherwise my power to keyboard and mouse was cut when finishing the installation.

I write these lines from my new installed Yosemite-Hackintosh!!!

But - at this time - I am only able to boot from USB Installation-Stick, no matter if I choose

MultiBeast Yosemite 7.2.0 -> Bootloader -> "enable" Chimera v4.0.1
Then I klick "Built", choose my SSD name "Yosemite" and click "Install".

Hardware I'm using:
ASUS H97M-Plus
i5-4690
OnBoard HD4600 HDMI Port
Samsung SSD830 256GB
Logitech USB Mouse/Keyboard

And this is what I've changed to get the installation working (ex. boot from SSD):
--->>> another USB Stick for installation: a Kingston ST500 16GB <<<---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back