Contribute
Register

Install Mojave Without Special Procedures on GA-Z87X-UD5H using it's internal video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been trying to understand if I can install Mojave on my GA-Z87X-UD5H without performing special procedures[other than using unibeast and multibeast] I would be using the internal video of this motherboard. My CPU is I7 4770k. I am currently at 10.13.0 High Sierra [without working audio]
If the answer is yes, I will very much appreciate which parameters I should use when installing using multibeast.

I have read on tonymacx86.com that some motherboards OK for High Sierra are not appropriate for Mojave without performing special procedures.

I would be using the internal video of this motherboard.
Your motherboard has no "internal video".
"internal video" comes from the integrated graphics of your processor.

My CPU is I7 4770k
Your processor has Intel® HD Graphics 4600 which are supported in Mojave.

P1LGrim [ OR IS IT PILGRIM?]
Thank you for the reply. Now that you assured me that my CPU's graphics will work OK I still have a couple of questions: Are there any MB things that I have to handle with special procedures as I build Mojave? Audio?

I see that you are using a different MB than I. So I assume that you aren't able to list all the things I need to do when I integrate Multibeast. As a moderator do you know of any POSTs that do answer my questions about the Multibeast parameters I need to use?

I am now at 10.12.6 w/o integrated audio. I use a USB audio hardware plug in to get sound. High Sierra identifies it a "USB PnP Sound device". I would prefer using the native audio. I haven't integrated Multibeast into 10.12.6 yet. I boot through
the USB with Unibeast. I have several other SSDs in the same case with the High Sierra implementation. One of the other MBs has a version of Sierra on it. Other SSDs have a Windows implementation.
I LOST[made unworkable] a stable working version of Sierra last week when I thought I was only updating apps. It was trying to update my single working version of Sierra to Mojave. The update to Mojave failed too.

I learned a lesson (I THINK)-Do not "update" unless you are absolutely sure what the "update" INCLUDES.
I HAD BACKED-UP, BUT MY BACKUP FAILED. I HAVE NOW RECOVERED Sierra & High Sierra.
I also learned "MUST TEST THE BACKUP".

As a moderator do you know of any POSTs that do answer my questions about the Multibeast parameters I need to use?
No, I do not keep track of configurations for all motherboards.

Suggest you use the forum Search tool (using your hardware as search terms) to locate a build guide using similar parts to your own.

do you know of any POSTs that do answer my questions about the Multibeast parameters I need to use?
Please have a look at all the posts in the thread linked below. It's a similar, but not exact CPU and chipset. It took extraordinary measures to get the configuration working, but he did it -- and he surprised us all. Sample config.plist and screenshots of kexts are in the second page. I'm not suggesting that his configuration will simply carry over to yours, but that it may be used as a starting point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back