Hello, I need your help!

Device Specifications:
Device: Dell Inspiron 3542
CPU: Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7 GHz
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400, Nvidia GeForce 820M,
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter
Audio: Realtek ALC255 Intel Lynx Point
Wifi + Bluetooth: Dell Wireless 1705 Wireless Network Adapter

I created an EFI folder (attached) and I can Install High Sierra, however after choosing the Hard Drive, where I want to install macOS, there shows up the install bar, with only 4 minutes left, but it never comes to the end. After about 3/4 full of the bar, my Laptop restarts and there is already something other than my Pendrive in the Clover menu and I boot it up from the Hard Drive. Then, after a while there appears the Apple Logo on the black backgound with the install bar. After installing it reboots automatically, but then in clover there shows up only my Pendrive. Nothing to see of something installed on the hard drive.

After booting to the pendrive I see in the Disk Untility that the Partiton (where I installed HS) is in APFS format and not MacOS Extended as I chose.

May you please help me? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• EFI (1).zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,223
Hello, I need your help!

Device Specifications:
Device:
Dell Inspiron 3542
CPU: Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7 GHz
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400, Nvidia GeForce 820M,
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter
Audio: Realtek ALC255 Intel Lynx Point
Wifi + Bluetooth: Dell Wireless 1705 Wireless Network Adapter

I created an EFI folder (attached) and I can Install High Sierra, however after choosing the Hard Drive, where I want to install macOS, there shows up the install bar, with only 4 minutes left, but it never comes to the end. After about 3/4 full of the bar, my Laptop restarts and there is already something other than my Pendrive in the Clover menu and I boot it up from the Hard Drive. Then, after a while there appears the Apple Logo on the black backgound with the install bar. After installing it reboots automatically, but then in clover there shows up only my Pendrive. Nothing to see of something installed on the hard drive.

After booting to the pendrive I see in the Disk Untility that the Partiton (where I installed HS) is in APFS format and not MacOS Extended as I chose.

May you please help me? Thank you in advance.

There is a link in the guide provided for avoiding APFS. If you do nothing you get your HFS+J converted to APFS.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Thank you for your fast reply! :)

Alright, I forgot to mention that I use a SSD drive and as far as I know APSF is the right format for Flashdrives.

But the question is now, why I don’t see in the clover menu, to boot from the SSD drive?

To be honest I never before installed a Hackintosh on a SSD drive.

If I erease the whole SSD drive to APSF, should be the problem gone?

<At the moment I don’t have access to any files nor speces.>

Thank you for your fast reply! :)

Alright, I forgot to mention that I use a SSD drive and as far as I know APSF is the right format for Flashdrives.

But the question is now, why I don’t see in the clover menu, to boot from the SSD drive?

To be honest I never before installed a Hackintosh on a SSD drive.

If I erease the whole SSD drive to APSF, should be the problem gone?

<At the moment I don’t have access to any files nor speces.>

No such thing as APSF,... I assume you mean APFS.

You do not have apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI, so how do you expect Clover to see APFS volumes?

Read the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Oh..., actually this was the reason. Thank you for solving it! :)

But, for know when I want to boot form the SSD drive High Sierra it stucks on the Apple Logo an progress bar. The whole progress bar is empty and it stays so for eternity.

May you know the problem?

Edit: In safe mode it boots up, luckly. But without, it didn't.

Last edited:
Oh..., actually this was the reason. Thank you for solving it! :)

But, for know when I want to boot form the SSD drive High Sierra it stucks on the Apple Logo an progress bar. The whole progress bar is empty and it stays so for eternity.

May you know the problem?

Edit: In safe mode it boots up, luckly. But without, it didn't.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Nevermind, fixed it in the meantime.

The problem was with the "Disable NVIDIA" option, however it was said almost everywhere that after 10.12 we shouldn't check that disable nividia option in Boot meniu in Clover... whatever.

Anyway, everything works... almost! Wifi works just so so, I mean it has a problem with the IP from the network, but after a while it gets the right IP and there it is, the WiFi connection works, but only for approx 5 minutes and then it won't work till a reboot and then it starts from the beginning with the IP..., strange case I would say.

The "Problem Reporting" files I will attach as soon as posible, when I get access to the Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back