4. LC
  5. Plus
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
  9. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Well. Read through the posts. Unibeast is failing to create a install disk on USB.

Source Machine is Mac Pro 5,1 running High Sierra, 32GB RAM.
Mojave installer from Apple Store is 6.06GB.
32GB USB repeatedly failed copying files.
16GB Drive used successfully on other OS X Installs of Mavericks and El Cap is also failing.
"There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Copy of apfs.efi failed."

Only thingsI can think of is that there was some new update of Mojave just a few days ago,
or, I'm picking legacy mode because the machine I want to update is a Hp Probook 4530.

Well. Read through the posts. Unibeast is failing to create a install disk on USB.

Source Machine is Mac Pro 5,1 running High Sierra, 32GB RAM.
Mojave installer from Apple Store is 6.06GB.
32GB USB repeatedly failed copying files.
16GB Drive used successfully on other OS X Installs of Mavericks and El Cap is also failing.
"There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Copy of apfs.efi failed."

Only thingsI can think of is that there was some new update of Mojave just a few days ago,
or, I'm picking legacy mode because the machine I want to update is a Hp Probook 4530.
i have moved your post to laptop support

your laptop has a guide:

UniBeast is more for Desktop systems not Laptops - See the Laptop FAQ.

I'm not even getting that far.

UniBeast is failing.

Did you actually delete a completely ON TOPIC post after only reading the last line?:mad:

i have moved your post to laptop support

your laptop has a guide:

Well, thank you for moving it and not just deleting it. Sorry to Pilgrim for the accusation.

Since the failure is not occurring even close to the getting to the laptop, but rather in the creation of the UniBeast installer drive, I don't know that this was completely appropriate.

I have about half a dozen desktop systems with Series 6 motherboards and Gen 3 Intel processors that the creation of this drive would have worked for, had it worked at all.

On another note... the 16GB EFI version just completed successfully. So there is clearly a clearly a problem with UniBeast 9.1. when Legacy is selected.

If legacy does not work, it should not be an option to remove confusion. IMHO.

Well, thank you for moving it and not just deleting it. Sorry to Pilgrim for the accusation.

Since the failure is not occurring even close to the getting to the laptop, but rather in the creation of the UniBeast installer drive, I don't know that this was completely appropriate.

I have about half a dozen desktop systems with Series 6 motherboards and Gen 3 Intel processors that the creation of this drive would have worked for, had it worked at all.

On another note... the 16GB EFI version just completed successfully. So there is clearly a clearly a problem with UniBeast 9.1. when Legacy is selected.

If legacy does not work, it should not be an option to remove confusion. IMHO.
the link above doesn't use unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back