Contribute
Register

Install Issues with 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I failed to install 10.8.5 on my Haswell system. Now back at 10.8.4 and will will try again later. I just discovered that none of my .mov files will play in Quicktime 10.2.
They load, I see the first frame, but that is all. Consequently I cannot edit my movies in FCPX. Importing files (MTS) from camera into FCPX works fine.
Could this issue be caused by the GraphicsEnabler=No for my GTX 650 TI?
If so, which GPU will work for me, or should I use other setting?

MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel I7-4770
RAM: Corsair DDR-3 8GB
GPU: EVGA GTX 650 TI 2GB

Article: UniBeast 2.1 Update

I failed to install 10.8.5 on my Haswell system. Now back at 10.8.4 and will will try again later. I just discovered that none of my .mov files will play in Quicktime 10.2.
They load, I see the first frame, but that is all. Consequently I cannot edit my movies in FCPX. Importing files (MTS) from camera into FCPX works fine.
Could this issue be caused by the GraphicsEnabler=No for my GTX 650 TI?
If so, which GPU will work for me, or should I use other setting?

MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel I7-4770
RAM: Corsair DDR-3 8GB
GPU: EVGA GTX 650 TI 2GB

After repeated trials, managed to get 10.8.5 installed. Had to use GraphicsEnabler=No; -v. Can run 10.8.5 only from USB. Patiently waiting for Multibeast update.
10.8.4 problem with .mov video files solved by assigning audio output to USB device.

Hi Guys,

I never tried to make a Hackintosh before. I just purchased a Asus GTX 770 graphics card, Asus Maximus VI Formula but I've had a lot of issues even getting windows to work properly so I'm going to exchange for a Gigabyte board.

Should I get the G1 Sniper 5 or the GA-Z87X-UD5H?

Will it work to use either of those boards witha GTX 770 graphics card and 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1833 RAM?

When creating these, do you guys create dual boot systems with windows or do you typically just install OSX?

Thanks,

Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back