Intel Core i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel HD 620 & QHD display
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey All,
I am waiting for my WiFi card to arrive from China, and I was wondering if it's possible to run the High Sierra installer without WiFi. I have an OSX compatible USB WiFi dongle, but it requires additional drivers in order to run in OSX, and is not detected by the installer. Every time I attempt the install, I get an error message which reads, "The Recovery Server can't be contacted." Is it possible to install without WiFi, or do I just have to be patient and wait for the card?

Thanks!

Hey All,
I am waiting for my WiFi card to arrive from China, and I was wondering if it's possible to run the High Sierra installer without WiFi. I have an OSX compatible USB WiFi dongle, but it requires additional drivers in order to run in OSX, and is not detected by the installer. Every time I attempt the install, I get an error message which reads, "The Recovery Server can't be contacted." Is it possible to install without WiFi, or do I just have to be patient and wait for the card?

Thanks!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

My bad, the EFI is the default one generated by UniBeast. I tried to download the new High Sierra Installer for OS X 10.13.4, and generate a new USB with Unibeast, but now the USB drive is not showing up at all. I'm absolutely stumped. Please find the EFI folder attached.

Attachments

• Unibeast.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
Sorry, I phrased that wrong. I added the HFPS.efi and AFPS.efi and I'm still not getting the Mac partition. Any thoughts?

Hey RehabMan, thanks for your help. I figured it out.

1. OSX 10.13.4 is not as of yet (April 1, 2018) supported by UniBeast. We have to wait for UniBeast 8.3. As per MacMan, here is a temporary fix:

Code:
rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia
rm -rf /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBInjectAll.kext

You can see the original post here.

2. Also, the installer has been throwing me an error which reads, "The Recovery Server can't be contacted." Others have had this problem, and there are two fixes suggested. The first, assuming you have WiFi, is to run the following command:
Code:
sudo ntpdate -u time.apple.com
The second is to generate your install disk with UniBeast 8.1.

Hope this helps!

Hey RehabMan, thanks for your help. I figured it out.

1. OSX 10.13.4 is not as of yet (April 1, 2018) supported by UniBeast. We have to wait for UniBeast 8.3. As per MacMan, here is a temporary fix:

Code:
rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia
rm -rf /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBInjectAll.kext

The laptop guide does not use Unibeast.

2. Also, the installer has been throwing me an error which reads, "The Recovery Server can't be contacted." Others have had this problem, and there are two fixes suggested. The first, assuming you have WiFi, is to run the following command:
Code:
sudo ntpdate -u time.apple.com
The second is to generate your install disk with UniBeast 8.1.

Probably just setting your time correctly (to UTC) in BIOS would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back