Graphics
Nvidia Quadro K4000 3072 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Following the guides (including the special notes re sandy bridge) installing onto my Asus K53S Laptop.

Initial install - good (flags -x -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000)

Use multibeast installed only Easy Beast and system utilities - all good,

Ran Update helper as per sandybridge instructions -- all good

Rebooted using IBoot and no flags black screen
Rebooted using Iboot and flags all good.

Installed Update combo all good

Rebooted, no media in cdrom, got Boot error 0

Rebooted using Iboot selecting Snow Leopard - no flags, black screen

Rebooted using Iboot selected Snow Leopard used flags,
hangs at ACPI_SMC-PlatformPlugin :: start - waitforservice(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) Timed out

Can anyone help please

Following the guides (including the special notes re sandy bridge) installing onto my Asus K53S Laptop.

hangs at ACPI_SMC-PlatformPlugin :: start - waitforservice(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) Timed out

Can anyone help please

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

These are the details of the laptop I am working on. The profile contains my desktop details. Don't have windows anymore. Not enough hardware specs available in the build section of signature and profile page so below is the base specs. I tried to attach the system report done after the initial install, prior to using multibeast, but the uploader can't accept .spx files.

Is there a way to do this or convert it to an acceptable format without losing any of the information?

Laptop Asus K53S
Intel® Core™ i5 2410M Processor
Intel® HM65 Express Chipset
Memory 4 Gb DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM
15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M with 1GB/2GB DDR3 VRAM
ACHI Standard Controller
Storage - 640 Gb
SATA Model - WDC WD6400BPVT-80HXZT1
0.3 Mega Pixel Fixed web camera
4 -in-1 card reader ( SD/ MS/ MS Pro/ MMC)
Integrated 802.11 b/g/n
Built-in Bluetooth™ V3.0+HS (Optional)
10/100/1000 Base T

Thanks for the reply

These are the details of the laptop I am working on. The profile contains my desktop details. Don't have windows anymore. Not enough hardware specs available in the build section of signature and profile page so below is the base specs. I tried to attach the system report done after the initial install, prior to using multibeast, but the uploader can't accept .spx files.

Is there a way to do this or convert it to an acceptable format without losing any of the information?

Thanks for the reply

Put requested laptop specs in your signature. You also need to know (and specify) whether you have dedicated nvidia or dual-gpu nvidia+intel (optimus).

When uploading large files use ZIP.

Placed what specs I am certain of in signature. Again your dropdowns in the build section do not contain the correct chipset, manufacturer or model. As far as Graphics go, I don't know but the system report suggests Dual graphics. If I was able to get into my system I could carry out some investigation, that is what this question is about.

Perhaps you might be able to suggest a fix? System report now attached as zip file

Thanks

Attachments

• Laptop System Report.zip
    98.9 KB · Views: 80

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

You will have to adapt if you don't have a Unbeast USB.

Can anyone help please

It should not be waiting on AppleIntelCPU as NullCPU should still be loading... Try booting with "-f UseKernelCache=No"

It should not be waiting on AppleIntelCPU as NullCPU should still be loading... Try booting with "-f UseKernelCache=No"

Tried that and hangs at black screen again.

I found and am downloading Unibeast to try

Doug

EDIT - I just did it again and this time it hung at the same line as before, however I noticed a split second before it reached that line the top third of the screen scrammed, like all the text got scrambled and a bluish sort of bar of scrambled text is filling that top third. The point at which this occures I think was when these lines came through

Previous Shutdown cause 3

DSMOS has arrived
Transcript Offline – Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed
ACPI etc as previous post on this line

Well after another wasted day of installing, reinstalling, trying this flag, that flag, and getting nowhere, it looks like my laptop will just have to become a Linux one again. How come Linux can make a bootloader that will load onto any Intel based machine and boot one, two three systems perfectly, but neither you or other hackintosh tools can achieve that?

The issue is definitely with the bootloader, as I have managed three times today to get an initial working system, then when running multi beast it gets broken. And the only thing I have been doing is to install the bootlaoder and system utilities to rebuild Caches and permissions.

Very unhappy I was hoping to have an all mac based home, instead I will have a mac desktop and a linux laptop. Not happy Jan! :banghead::banghead::banghead: :thumbdown:

Well after another wasted day of installing, reinstalling, trying this flag, that flag, and getting nowhere, it looks like my laptop will just have to become a Linux one again. How come Linux can make a bootloader that will load onto any Intel based machine and boot one, two three systems perfectly, but neither you or other hackintosh tools can achieve that?

The issue is definitely with the bootloader, as I have managed three times today to get an initial working system, then when running multi beast it gets broken. And the only thing I have been doing is to install the bootlaoder and system utilities to rebuild Caches and permissions.

Very unhappy I was hoping to have an all mac based home, instead I will have a mac desktop and a linux laptop. Not happy Jan! :banghead::banghead::banghead: :thumbdown:

Configuring the bootloader and kexts to run OS X on non-Apple hardware is not easy and must be done with care and knowledge. Especially so with Snow Leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back