Contribute
Register

Install Guide: Lion on Gigabyte Z77-DS3H (w/ Ivy Bridge CPU)

Was this helpful for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi sonogenics - was stuck at the apple logo too. turns out i had to remove my firewire card
which i already had installed over-enthusiastically. (or maybe it just needed another re-boot ?)

BIOS version F3.

Thanks for all the help guys. I now have Lion successfully installed. I think it must have been a dodgy USB drive because I followed the exact same steps again and it worked flawlessly.
A couple of things to note though:
1. I had a problem with the screen resolution being fixed at 1024x768 but adding
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
allowed me to get to my full resolution. Is there any way to add support for other resolutions (e.g. if I use another screen of a different resolution as a second monitor)?

2. I have the boot0 error. Presumably because I'm using a 1TB internal drive so I'll have to follow http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=61081 to get it to work properly.

3. I did try using the DSDT from the database but that caused an immediate kernel panic andI had to reinstall everything from scratch. Haven't tested audio yet with the settings that were suggested for MultiBeast but I'll try tonight and see.

Great build.
I have the same setup except with an i7 2600k
Is your USB 3.0 ports working? Mine show in system information, but when I connect my USB 3 external hdd it shows up under the USB 2.0 interface and only has USB 2.0 speeds?

Where can I find the DSDT file for this Mobo - I am trying to get the Onboard audio to work and I have so many conflicting forum posts it is not clear which method will work.

I have everything working with the exception of on-board Audio at this point. This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh (I have been a Apple use for 10+ years though) so this is all new to me. So if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Many thanks....

HD 4000 QE-CI ?

thanks for the guide! i have some problem with the installer.

i can get into lion installer with unibeast, but i cant find any hard disk in disk utility.
i had select AHCI at BIOS, tried several Hard disk and SSD, and 3GBs SATA 6GBs SATA plugs, but still cant show up the hard disk, please help! many thanks!

my spec
i7 3770K
Z77 DS3H
Corsair 16GB ram
XFX 6850
Crucial m4 SSD
Seagate 1TB HDD

Hi,

I do have the same issue about the drives not showing up either in Sys Info or Disk Util.

I disabled "hot plugging" in BIOS for the SSD, switched from sata 3 to sata 2, no change

I found this ( I too am using 10.7.0 )
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59052&start=320

I was having the "can't see HD" issues and managed to work around it.

After a few frustrated attempts I realized that I was running Lion 10.7 (no updates).
I think that was the problem for me, if wasn't at least was the only way I could make it work.
All hardware and BIOS was standard, just the settings recommended here.

- I had two sticks with bridge 5 and 4.
- Bridge 5 wasn't detecting the HD, tried bridge 4 and worked.
- Install Lion 10.7.
- Run Lion 10.7.4 update (reboot)
- Run Multibeast + Bridge 5 (reboot)

That worked first time, no problems at all.
Some people gotta around using different USB sticks, don't know.
And of course, don't use the front USB ports or USB3 ports

Bottom line, try different versions of bridge and apply bridge 5 at the very end.

to get legacy Bridgehelper versions:

viewforum.php?f=52

what to do:

create USB Boot with BridgeHelper 4.0.1

Install

Boot to terminal, replace Kernel provided in BH 4.0.1

boot from Lion SSD

run Multibeast

run BH 5 onto SSD

done

HPET is

High Precision Event Timer
Enables or disables High Precision Event Timer (HPET) for Windows 7 operating system. (Default: Enabled)

manual page 51

cheers

n00b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back