Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does some1 know if the magic mouse is working well with the probook?

My current bios F09. How can i update my bios to F20 with out windows thanks.

babyboo said:
Do you have access to another Windows?
Installer can create bootable USB drive with an update on it.

ienemy said:
Does some1 know if the magic mouse is working well with the probook?
My Magic Mouse is detected but cannot be connected, the pairing attempt was always unsuccessful.

pandar said:
bagnolet said:

If you don't have access to Windows machine, you can format usb stick as fat 32 using disk utility in mac. Download the bios update file to the usb, and use that as the source for the update.

i make a bios usb key, when i choice the boot usb key it shows "Invailid System Disk" "Replace the disk, and then press any key" Can you tell me more detail. Thanks

i make a bios usb key, when i choice the boot usb key it shows "Invailid System Disk" "Replace the disk, and then press any key" Can you tell me more detail. Thanks

pandar said:
Ok,

I still have some issues with my 4530s XU015UT. I'm up to 10.7.2. Everytime I reboot, I have to toggle fn+f7 to get audio working. After I first installed BKRibbs pack and used only the main install script, I'm not sure if the audio mute problem existed then.

The voodoo controls in the pref pane don't do anything in the system prefs, except the volume, while not offering continuous control, will turn the volume all the way off if the slider is moved all the way down.

Finally, I went to S/L/E and found AppleHDA. I deleted it as I didn't think it was supposed to be there. I used Kext Utility to rebuild permissions, and redo caches, rebooted, and still have all the same audio issues.

Looking in the S/L/E folder, I don't find any Voodoo extensions at all. Shouldn't I?

Thanks

For simplicity, its a plugin in extra.kext

The volume thing is just not solvable.

pandar said:
Ok,

I still have some issues with my 4530s XU015UT. I'm up to 10.7.2. Everytime I reboot, I have to toggle fn+f7 to get audio working. After I first installed BKRibbs pack and used only the main install script, I'm not sure if the audio mute problem existed then.

The voodoo controls in the pref pane don't do anything in the system prefs, except the volume, while not offering continuous control, will turn the volume all the way off if the slider is moved all the way down.

Finally, I went to S/L/E and found AppleHDA. I deleted it as I didn't think it was supposed to be there. I used Kext Utility to rebuild permissions, and redo caches, rebooted, and still have all the same audio issues.

Looking in the S/L/E folder, I don't find any Voodoo extensions at all. Shouldn't I?

Thanks

Everytime I wake from sleep my audio goes to max volume. Is it really a big deal though?

I wiped my system 2 weeks ago, installed 10.6.3 retail and immediately installed windows 7 which i've been using solely since.
I decided to start working back on S/L, I just added the few kexts required and ran chimera.
Now my windows install has vanished or at least it's not showing up on chimera.

Any way to get it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back